Wyoming top rope ice climbs

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Canadian_bass
14ers: 17 
Trip Reports (0)

Wyoming top rope ice climbs

Post by Canadian_bass »

Does anyone know if there are some top ropable (meaning no lead necessary even for set up) ice climbs in the Jackson area? I'm heading out in late feb/early march. I have experience setting these up in NY (ADK/catskills/FL) and NH, and wanted to take a friend who moved there a few months ago out for his first time with sharp things.

Oh and yes, I know no one goes to Jackson to ice climb (I'll be skiing too lol), and I know the best stuff is in Cody and Wind River range.

Thanks for any input!
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Wyoming top rope ice climbs

Post by Eli Boardman »

You might have luck asking on the Wyoming section of Mountain Project--lots of Jackson folks there.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

People ice climb at Death Canyon.

I don't know how many are top-ropable, but at least some are.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
COFitnessJenn
14ers: 30  2 
13ers: 17 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by COFitnessJenn »

As far as I know there aren't any TR routes for Cody. I was looking for info on this last week, if you find any, lmk.
"Go where you feel most alive and never take simple moments in life for granted." "Mountains have a way of dealing with over confidence. Stay humble, despite how many mountains you climb. "