Wyoming 13ers Guidebook

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Wyoming 13ers Guidebook

Post by Eli Boardman »

So, I got the chance to re-finish the WY 13ers with a quick traverse of Miriam Peak from Titcomb to the Glacier Trail a couple days ago, and thus finished the current round of research for the guidebook I've been slowly putting together since 2020. The Wyoming 13ers have a strange pattern right now of almost everyone who finishes them doing so as part of an FKT, but I assume that others are likely interested in tackling a subset of these peaks at some point and/or going after the list one trip at a time.

Anyway, I finally finished this and thought some of y'all might be interested. I know there's no advertising on 14ers.com, but since most of the guidebook material is freely available online and the print copy only nets me a few dollars, I don't really consider this a money-making venture. Rather, it's a labor of love for my favorite peaks in the world.

A few features worth noting: in the online guidebook supplement, I've included interactive 360-degree panoramas for most peaks, so you can look around at the summit view, and there are thousands of pictures with a mix of route description and trip report-style narrative captions. The print guidebook has more heavily edited and updated route descriptions as well as a bunch of preliminary material on wilderness ethics/difficulties/approach hikes/history/etc.

Free online guidebook supplement: https://sunlitsummit.com/wyoming13ers/
Printed guidebook: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B5QMTF9P/

Happy climbing. :)
bdloftin77
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 58
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Wyoming 13ers Guidebook

Post by bdloftin77 »

Cool stuff. Thanks, Eli!
9patrickmurphy
14ers: 50  1  2 
13ers: 320 24 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by 9patrickmurphy »

Awesome stuff Eli! It's awesome that there are people out there putting together free resources like this.
climbingcue
14ers: 58  8  27 
13ers: 318 22 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbingcue »

Nice work Eli... Looking forward to climbing some of the WY 13ers.
Consecutive months with at least one 13er or 14er, 73 months
zootloopz
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 142
Trip Reports (4)

Post by zootloopz »

I enjoyed reading your trip report for the FKT! Twice through I believe! Thanks for the effort you put into this. Will take a look soon.
IG @roughlysomewhere

one step at a time // you are exactly where you need to be in this moment
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Cool. I just ordered one.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

Thanks everyone! It's been fun putting it together and getting to revisit photos from all these peaks.
Scott P wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:28 pm Cool. I just ordered one.
Thanks Scott! Have fun on the Grand this summer!
wombat
Trip Reports (2)

Post by wombat »

Thanks Eli! I am sure based on your experience, this book will be mentioned next to Pallister and Kelsey. I will have to get a copy. Thanks for sharing from your adventures so freely.