Cotopaxi and Chimborazo Advice

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
kimo
14ers: 32  6 
13ers: 116 6
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Cotopaxi and Chimborazo Advice

Post by kimo »

Swimming in the afterglow and writing about the experience makes the adventure live on. Look forward to reading that report. Good luck with your climb. Someday I expect to return to this thread when planning my own adventure.
uwe
14ers: 58 
13ers: 45
Trip Reports (0)

Post by uwe »

centrifuge wrote:I wanted to throw a huge thanks to everyone who has helped us with all the valuable input and advise over the last year and a half of prep! Even though its a year later then I had originally planned, 4 of us (all 14er's folk: sdkeil, moonstalker, jb99 and myself) are leaving tomorrow to give these peaks our best go, and look forward to seeing the world from the tops of the peaks! Thanks again, and I really look forward to posting a report when we get back since you guys have helped make this trip happen with the generosity info and in one case gear :D
So, how'd it go? Was there with friend 12/3-12/14. Had good fortune - 3 of 4 volcan's summitted and had a great time to boot.
centrifuge
14ers: 57  1  2 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (33)

Post by centrifuge »

Cool, we got 3-4 we attempted, but the weather went south forcing us to switch to cayambe instead of chimbo and it forced us to abort our first attempt on Cotopaxi. Then the weather went south on cayambe and we got turned at 16400ft due to avi conditions. We ended up getting Cotopaxi, Iliniza Norte with snow and ice up top giving it some spice that made it a lot of fun and Rucu (I dont know how much that counts but it was still a fun climb). Which did you guys get?
"i feel so extraordinary, somethings got a hold on me, I get this feeling I'm in motion, a sudden sence of liberty“ new order