Elbrus

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Re: Elbrus

Post by MountainHiker »

I hate to hear stuff like this. Most people in the area just want to live their lives. I’m concerned about the Olympics.

I feel fortunate with how things fell in place for us last year. Pilgrim Tours is allowing extra days on their South Side climbs in case they have to switch to the North again. I see Elbrus Tours is also allowing extra days without being as specific on their reason.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
SteveBonowski
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SteveBonowski »

Thanks for sharing this link. Altho I'm not leading this one, I am setting up a CMC trip that will go to Elbrus in early August. Our outfitter, CET-Neva Mountaineering from St. Petersburg, hasn't reported any recent problems or issues in the Elbrus Valley (south side approach). Steve
dweiss2
14ers: 57  4  3 
13ers: 13 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dweiss2 »

reviving this thread. Looking for anyone who has been to Mount Elbrus recently. My partner and I are planning an unguided trip in June 2020. I am planning to use Pilgrim Tours for logistics help, but still have some questions. I can chat on the phone, email, or even meet in person and buy you a beer for your help, thanks!

Daniel
Craig Barlow
14ers: 11 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Craig Barlow »

I went in late May of this year, unguided using Pilgrim for logistics. Here's a link to my trip report, let me know if you have any questions.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fQG1DxjV8wMyYgP19