Why was the climbers of color post removed?

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Gabriel
14ers: 36 
Trip Reports (0)

Why was the climbers of color post removed?

Post by Gabriel »

My post for partners was removed. Not this racist reaction again!!!
painless4u2
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Why was the climbers of color post removed?

Post by painless4u2 »

Gabriel wrote:My post for partners was removed. Not this racist reaction again!!!
Huh? Following is active post, no replies, nearly a year old. :? Itching for confrontation?
Climbers of color affinity group 2017 trips
Postby Gabriel » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:47 pm
Hello,

Here are my trips for 2017 so far: PM if interested.

Nepal: Late spring. Everest base camp trek to acclimatize and then a climb determined by group experience and goals.

Alps: July/August- I'll be in the Alps for a month. I have taken annual trips to the Alps for the past 31 years. I'm currently interested in non- standard routes, but for this group would be willing to repeat some normal routes.

PM if interested,

Gabriel
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
Gabriel
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gabriel »

No, just listed again for 2918-19 and it was on the main forum page for about 3 minutes. Notlooking for confrontation, just partners.
FrancesGray
Trip Reports (0)

Post by FrancesGray »

Gabriel wrote:My post for partners was removed. Not this racist reaction again!!!

I didn't see your post so I can't comment on it.

I do remember a post about a LGBT group that received a lot of posts. Now that post was excluded some people and seems to be OK. LGBT Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender.

LGBTQIA is the proper term to include Queer or Questioning, Intersex and Asexual

https://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... hilit=lgbt

Was your post properly inclusive?
TravelingMatt
14ers: 56 
13ers: 435
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TravelingMatt »

Gabriel wrote:Notlooking for confrontation.
Then don't call people racist
You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake
Gabriel
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gabriel »

TravelingMatt wrote:
f**k you
tjmartn1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tjmartn1 »

I still see it.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Definition of racism/racist:

Racism is the practice of discriminating against people based on their race, national or ethnic background. Someone who practices racism is called a racist

Source:

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/racism

By definition:

Asking for partners of a certain color = racism.

Gabriel = racist.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
FrancesGray
Trip Reports (0)

Post by FrancesGray »

Scott P wrote:Definition of racism/racist:

Racism is the practice of discriminating against people based on their race, national or ethnic background. Someone who practices racism is called a racist

By definition:

Gabriel = racist.
The LGBT thread excluded QIAH (H-heterosexual). Is that sexist? If so, why is sexism tolerated here? Why isn't Gabriel's version of "racism", as defined by you, accepted?
kevmonster
14ers: 32  3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kevmonster »

I don't think that asking for partners that may share similar life experiences, especially different from the norm of the group is racist. However leading a thread by calling out racists leaves a poor impression. I hope Gabriel leaves this attitude at home when he meets climbers from around the world, that share his goals and experienves.
kevmonster
14ers: 32  3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kevmonster »

Scott P wrote:Definition of racism/racist:

Source:

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/racism

By definition:

Gabriel = racist.
The key is discrimination Scott. It only counts if you aren't invited.
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

Review...
Gabriel wrote:I suggest that all the white people go back to Europe and leave Colorado to us natives.
:wft:
Gabriel wrote:This is actually a private land issue. It belongs to the indigenous Latino group that has written title to it. I'm a member of that cultural group and of course a climber. Stop being so ignorant of history.
Latin is not indigenous to the Americas.
Gabriel wrote:Repost, climbers of color affinity group 2019-19: We won't be going to the big ranges in 2018. Alaska in June and the Alps in July and August. 2019 we will be back in Nepal. Let me know if interested. Gabriel
"2019-19"?
Gabriel wrote:No, just listed again for 2918-19 and it was on the main forum page for about 3 minutes. Notlooking for confrontation, just partners.
"2918-19"?
Gabriel wrote:
TravelingMatt wrote:
f**k you