Boot Recommendations

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
R3Girls
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (2)

Boot Recommendations

Post by R3Girls »

Will be doing Elbrus in the summer of 2018, and potentially Aconcagua in the winter of '18-'19.

Any suggestions if one type of boot will work for both? If not, the two brands/types that you'd suggest.

Thanks.

FYI, still in the planning stages of Elbrus if anyone would be interested. I will be going, just researching guides, timing, and flights. Will be putting down a deposit in late November, early December.

Dave
Koy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 98 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Boot Recommendations

Post by Koy »

La Sportiva G2SM will get you through both (as your guide will most likely require a double boot). If you have a wider foot, then you should check out the Scarpa Phantom 6000.
CamKelley
14ers: 13 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Boot Recommendations

Post by CamKelley »

Bumping this for ideas also.

I have a set of Trango's with Super Gaiters, and a set of Invernos. Depending on how the cashflow is before the trip I may invest in a set of new doubles. Also will be going to Elbrus, Hope to summit August 2.