El Misti, Peru.

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
SFC COLSON
Trip Reports (2)

El Misti, Peru.

Post by SFC COLSON »

Has anyone on here hiked El Misti in Peru? Did you use a guide service? I'm going in September and have read a lot of reviews but not sure who to use and would like to hear about any personal experience.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Re: El Misti, Peru.

Post by Scott P »

I have been there. El Misti is an easy climb other than the altitude and long summit day, so a guide isn't needed for the climb itself, but it sure makes access a lot easier. A guide is very useful for that reason.

We went with Incaventure.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
myfeetrock
14ers: 37  1 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by myfeetrock »

Whaaaaat???? Post those pictures bro!!!!
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Not sure which one of us you are referring to, but here are some photos and pictures from our trip:

https://www.summitpost.org/adventures-i ... uel/894764
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
myfeetrock
14ers: 37  1 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by myfeetrock »

Oh! Sorry about that. My brother is the op. He summited Misti last week. I'll gladly look at you pictures though. He was asking if I would go back with him in a couple years.