SeanO is going for the Alps 4000m FKT

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jmanner
14ers: 58  28  10 
13ers: 55 14 3
Trip Reports (15)

Re: SeanO is going for the Alps 4000m FKT

Post by jmanner »

seano wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:02 pm
jmanner wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:01 am Beat the Swiss Machine? Seems dubious
Based on his book, Ueli was doing a lot of playing around during his record, e.g. climbing at least one peak with his wife, doing some others with a friend. He made it sound like "type I fun."
I have faith in you! Represent CO and the Rockies!

Be careful, Uli also lost a good friend doing them.
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock or Harry Callahan or something F' it: http://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

'Life is too short to ski groomers'

"That man's only desire was to stand, once only, on the summit of that glorious wedge of rock...I think anyone who loves the mountains as much as that can claim to be a mountaineer, too."-Hermann Buhl, Nanga Parbat Pilgrimage
Stratosfearsome
14ers: 58  2  33 
13ers: 244 9 3
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Stratosfearsome »

Super cool, Sean! Any chance you'll setup a tracker so we can follow along? (i.e live vicariously through your dot.)
Nobody climbs 14ers anymore, they’re too crowded.
seano
14ers: 56 
13ers: 218
Trip Reports (3)

Post by seano »

Stratosfearsome wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:20 pm Super cool, Sean! Any chance you'll setup a tracker so we can follow along? (i.e live vicariously through your dot.)
There's no way I'm carrying one of those live trackers -- not only would it be creepy, but it would be yet another battery to charge. I do plan to carry a SPOT or something like that, though, so there will be live checkins from summits and towns. Keep your fingers crossed and washed...
glenmiz
14ers: 58 
13ers: 121 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by glenmiz »

Good luck Sean!
Aim high to end high