"Next step" peak - South America

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
timf
14ers: 35  3 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (2)

Re: "Next step" peak - South America

Post by timf »

I would recommend Bolivia Mountain Guides. Family business and my impression is that Bolivia has the most stable weather. Owner Eduardo Mamani Quispe recommends June and looks like they have a new pacakage covering Acotango, Parinacota, and Sajama (Bolivia’s highest). I so want to go back. Like I would team up with you 6/2022 if interested

If you decide Bolivia, know that you need to spend $160 on a visa good for 10 years and get a yellow fever innoculation.

Acotango and Parinacota are simple high altitude hikes but could do a 16er like Huisalla that you could do self guided to acclimate before doing the 3 peak package, but they do offer all the others in the Cordillera Real. Sajama requires a high camp and is a little bit technical on summit day.