Guides for Mount Blanc

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mtalll
14ers: 8 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Guides for Mount Blanc

Post by mtalll »

Hi - I was hoping to climb Mount Blanc later this summer. Since I have no ice/winter experience, I want to use a guide. Does anyone have any they can recommend? (or what/who to avoid?)
Thanks.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Guides for Mount Blanc

Post by pvnisher »

If you haven't done glacier travel, then it's a good idea. When I lived over there I had time to figure out the hut system, reservations, etc, but it's a lot of little logistics and far different than climbing in America.

I don't have any particular recommendations other than Chamonix is my favorite place I've ever been.
It's also recommend doing the Gouter route vs the trois mont route, if you're new to ice and glaciers.

Spend as much time there as you can!
tjf242424
14ers: 58 
13ers: 359
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Guides for Mount Blanc

Post by tjf242424 »

Hire a guide through the Compagnie des Guides de Chamonix. They will set you up with a French guide who speaks English. It is the best way to experience climbing in Chamonix. They are all world class.