All of the 14ers

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
fostej15
14ers:summits2 

Re: All of the 14ers

Post by fostej15 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Awesome comments everyone! I appreciate the wisdom, and I have decided I won’t try to do them all in a season because I do want it to be something special and truly enjoyable. Although I still plan to get some over the summer. :)
nyker
14ers:summits58 
13ers:summits22 
Trip Reports (69)

Re: All of the 14ers

Post by nyker » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Good for you. Definitely try to max out your summer time outside, (and other seasons too since you now live in CO, the world is your oyster so to speak). I don't know your story, maybe you'll only be in Colorado for the summer so you need to hurry and climb them all. If not and you plan to be in CO a while, what's the rush - enjoy them, take some photos, learn to identify alpine plants, look for wildlife, sit down and listen to the wind through the spruce forests and learn some backcountry skills, snow travel skills, etc. Visit some lesser visited wilderness areas and climb some smaller peaks, 10k, 11k, 12k, 13k - maybe just a non-summit hike to a high lake or overlook...you'll likely see few or no people on those peaks and feel the mountains more than when you're in a line or 40 people up a more popular peak. These aren't 10ks so don't worry about your PR on a route and a first this or that or needing to do a solo hike, just climb for you not Instagram. Share your experience maybe add a trip report along the way. Most of all have fun and be safe. :)