Climbing quandary peak end of October

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Rachelzaioud
Trip Reports (0)

Climbing quandary peak end of October

Post by Rachelzaioud »

I’m doing my first 14er end of October... what’s your opinions on quandary peak at this time of year. Will it be snowing by then? How should I prepare in a sense. I’ll make sure to check out weather before this however what’s ur thoughts on climbing this end of October? Would I need spikes for shoes to do this? Also what are other hikes for beginners during this time of year that are good? My goal is quandary peak
Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Climbing quandary peak end of October

Post by Ptglhs »

Same as last time you posted this question:

Could be a foot of snow, could be dry. Could be whiteout conditions or windchills below zero, could be a day like today: calm, highs in the upper 40s.

Bring traction in your bag, though you may not need it. Active wear + layers. Don't forget to drink a lot of water. Even if it's cold, you're still getting dehydrated.