Next 14er?

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Ans015
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (0)

Next 14er?

Post by Ans015 »

I just did Longs Peak solo as my first 14er and loved it. It was the most difficult yet rewarding hike I’ve ever done. What should be the next peak on my list?
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Next 14er?

Post by speth »

I’d check info on Lindsey, it’s pretty fun and the climbing difficulty is comparable to Longs IMHO.

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Next 14er?

Post by Ptglhs »

If you like class 3 then Kelso ridge on Grays and Torreys or the Sawtooth and do Bierstadt and Evans together. Crestone Peak from the west if you want a long drive and then some solitude until you hit the easy class 3 before the lake. The Sawatch is getting into Aspen changing season, and any of the non standard routes will offer some solitude, beautiful scenery, and a fair amount of miles and elevation gain.