Lost fleece on Yale

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Rambler
14ers:summits33 
Trip Reports (3)

Lost fleece on Yale

Post by Rambler » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Black Patagonia fleece size large fell out of my pack somewhere on the lower 3rd of the trail on the way down. Before the sign and stream crossing but well after getting back down to treeline. So maybe between 1.5-3 miles from the trailhead. Just bought it and used it for the first time on this trip. This was today 7/29 on Yale’s standard route. We started at 3 and were down by 10 so hoping the other groups we saw going up may have grabbed it on the way down. Thanks!
MatB
14ers:summits20 ski1 winter1 
13ers:summits93 ski4 winter1 
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Lost fleece on Yale

Post by MatB » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:25 pm

Can't help you but I lost a jacket once on the hike out. Noticed it before I hit treeline but was chased off by thunderstorms in my attempt to retrieve it. Anyway, I went back a week later and retraced my steps. To my surprise, my jacket was roughly 100 yards off from where I descended originally. I was ecstatic and felt the whole day was a triumph.

I immediately put the jacket on (even though it was uncomfortably warm) and wore it home. It had been abused by animals, most of the zippers were chewed up and any areas that collected sweat got a lot of attention. My wife got home from work and disappointingly found my sitting on the couch with my favorite jacket. All she said was, "You wash that piss covered jacket yet?"
"Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived,'"
- Dalai Lama, when asked about what surprises him the most about humanity
polar
14ers:summits2 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Lost fleece on Yale

Post by polar » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:59 pm

MatB wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:25 pm
I immediately put the jacket on (even though it was uncomfortably warm) and wore it home. It had been abused by animals, most of the zippers were chewed up and any areas that collected sweat got a lot of attention.
Oooh! I think I took a picture of you wearing that jacket that day!

"Getting to the bottom, OPTIONAL. Getting to the top, MANDATORY!" - The Wisest Trail Sign