Found a tent

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
docjohn
14ers: List not added
Trip Reports (7)

Found a tent

Post by docjohn » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:04 am

Anyone on this site loose a tent? I found a very large tent, completely stowed in its duffel bag. This would be about 2 miles up from Jennings Ck trail, or 1/4 mile down from N Fork Campground, off road 240, up the N Fork S
Arkansas R. If so respond with appropriate description and I'd get it to you. Otherwise ARC will be a beneficiary.
...let me remind you of the pilgrim who asked for an audience with the Dalai Lama.
He was told he must first spend five years in contemplation. After the five years, he was ushered into the Dalai Lama's presence, who said, 'Well, my son, what do you wish to know?' So the pilgrim said, 'I wish to know the meaning of life, father.'
And the Dalai Lama smiled and said, 'Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?'

procol harum
EmilyEitemiller

Re: Found a tent

Post by EmilyEitemiller » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:06 am

Hello,
I have been searching high and low for our lost tent, we haven't needed it for several months and now that we are looking for it it's nowhere to be found and the last time we can remember using it was in the location you posted about - off the highway up Monarch Pass on 240, turn right at the fork and up on the hilltop was the last place we camped. We lost an orange accented Half Dome REI tent, was that the one you found? Crossing my fingers if it's the one you found you didn't get the chance to donate it yet...
Thanks
EmilyEitemiller

Post by EmilyEitemiller » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:18 am

Actually looking at the roads, I believe we turned off on 224 and turned right onto 219 to the top of the hill there, just west of 240, but could be the same area you are describing we just approached it from the west rather than the east.
greenonion
14ers: 33 1
13ers: 1

Post by greenonion » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:26 am

Any correlation to the smoking thread? JK!
JChitwood
14ers: 58
13ers: 36

Post by JChitwood » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Looks like the old “sit this on the roof while packing the trunk” routine. I’ve lost at least two wallets, a bike cable, a bike computer, and many other pieces of gear that way. You’d think one would learn but a few years go by since the last time and you forget the consequences. Once somebody found my keys I’d set on the roof about a mile from my house. They had no idea who they belonged to but my Kings Soopers card was attached so they turned them in to Kings who scanned the card and called me to pick them up. Anyway, hope you get your tent back.
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood