Found: Pricey electronics accessory on Torrey’s

Post lost and found items here.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
nunns
14ers:summits41 
13ers:summits4 

Re: Found: Pricey electronics accessory on Torrey’s

Post by nunns » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 am

bluegrassclimber wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:35 pm
Dave B wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:03 pm
What's with the mystery; this post and that other one where dude found a "personal item" (shrooms) at Brainard Lake?

Just say what is, no need to be coy, if the owner is on here they can PM you and the FBI/CIA/NSA will be none the wiser...
Disagree. It’s not being coy. Some items are easy to “say what it is” and still have enough details withheld for the owner to confirm it is in fact their item. For example, “found hiking boots” is specific, yet still leaves out make, size, color, etc. I didn’t see an easy way to do that with what I found.

Just trying to do the right thing and help someone out. Thanks for the perspective on proper lost and found etiquette, I don’t share it.
Yeah, I see what you are doing here. Easy for someone to say "oh that brand new IPhone is mine; please mail it to............................"
Sadly not everyone is honest.

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
Jim Davies
14ers:summits58 winter1 
13ers:summits63 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:41 pm

It'd be a bit harder to guess the model, case color, etc. In fact, you could just say "I found a phone; describe to claim".
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
rkylet83
14ers:summits23 

Post by rkylet83 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:35 pm

I lost my IPhone off the side of Kelso Ridge in 2018. If you found that it would be a miracle.