Your Personal Record

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Your Personal Record

Post by Wentzl »

Wow, a lot of pent up demand for discussing the criteria for doing this or that on, or approaching, a summit.

Let's let it all out. No need to start a new thread. Just throw it up here, and see if it sticks. Here are a couple:

First to chop a watermelon in half with a Samuri sword on every summit
First to Breastfeed on every summit
First to "experience" every summit, as in Jimmy Hendrix, "Are you, or have you ever been, Experienced"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzCyTz_3TIU
Last edited by Wentzl on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Dignus
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Your Personal Record

Post by Dignus »

Given the 2x10^78 possible combinations, I'm probably the first to climb them in the exact order that I will. Also will be the first with my exact name and birthday to finish. Where's my checkmark Bill?
Verso l'alto
-Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

At 270 lbs., I'm pretty sure that I'm the heaviest person to climb some mountains and routes.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

At 270 you may be the heaviest to have climbed any of the 14ers, but irregardless, (or regardless if you prefer proper english) this record should be fleshed out.
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Rollie Free
14ers: 45 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rollie Free »

I started a run to eat a macadamia Cliff Bar on every summit. Like Forrest Gump one day it dawned on me I didnt like them. I think I made it to about 6 or 7. Beat that!
It's slightly better than pouring wet cement in your throat.
"Quicker than I can tell it, my hands failed to hold, my feet slipped, and down I went with almost an arrow’s rapidity. An eternity of thought, of life, of death, wife, and home concentrated on my mind in those two seconds. Fortunately for me, I threw my right arm around a projecting boulder which stood above the icy plain some two or three feet." Rev. Elijah Lamb
jfm3
14ers: 58 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (12)

Post by jfm3 »

Mine is actually somewhat legitimate. I've rollerskied the 3 best alpine road routes in this country. Not sure many other people have done that. I've done Mt. Evans 4 times (Exit 240 in Idaho Springs to the summit parking lot), both sides of Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park once (Visitor Center -> Gore Range Overlook and Kawuneeche Entrance -> Gore Range Overlook) and both sides of Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park once (West Glacier -> Logan Pass and St. Mary -> Logan Pass).
Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2596507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamie.mothersbaugh.3rd/
Garmin inReach Map: https://share.garmin.com/jfmiii
ltlFish99
14ers: 49  3  2 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ltlFish99 »

So far, I have consumed no alcohol whatsoever on before, during, or after 40 unique 14er sumits.
I plan to continue this until I finish, including no type of that sort of Celebration on my finisher.
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

ltlFish99 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:07 pm So far, I have consumed no alcohol whatsoever on before, during, or after 40 unique 14er sumits.
I plan to continue this until I finish, including no type of that sort of Celebration on my finisher.
I'm confused slightly. Are you saying you dont drink at all? Or are you saying you don't drink because you are wanting to stay fitter while in pursuit of all the summits? Do you drink BETWEEN days of summits?

Please clarify! My work day productivity hinges on your response.
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

Wentzl wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:01 pm First to "experience" every summit, as in Jimmy Hendrix, "Are you, or have you ever been, Experienced"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzCyTz_3TIU
Finisher ... no. Several ... yes. Pikes Peak has definitely seen some little paper squares.
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

FireOnTheMountain wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:46 am
ltlFish99 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:07 pm So far, I have consumed no alcohol whatsoever on before, during, or after 40 unique 14er sumits.
I'm confused slightly. Are you saying you dont drink at all? Or are you saying you don't drink because you are wanting to stay fitter while in pursuit of all the summits? Do you drink BETWEEN days of summits?

Normally wouldn’t say anything, but since Fish has been open about it and I’m in the same boat as him, no alcohol at all.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

I've never stepped into the same river twice.
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

AndrewLyonsGeibel wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:14 am
FireOnTheMountain wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:46 am

Normally wouldn’t say anything, but since Fish has been open about it and I’m in the same boat as him, no alcohol at all.
+1 more. Nothing against people who drink. I don't. Slightly less than 40 unique summits.

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6