Culebra Reservation 5/21 Weather Impact

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Marmot96
14ers: 57  6  9 
13ers: 22 2
Trip Reports (0)

Culebra Reservation 5/21 Weather Impact

Post by Marmot96 »

Anyone have any idea how common it is for poor weather conditions/snow to cancel a Culebra reservation day? I remember reading about it happening once or twice. Trying to avoid driving 3.5 hrs to the ranch if I won't be able to hike tomorrow, but also not finding any way to verify if they will open the gate tomorrow or not...
9patrickmurphy
14ers: 50  1  2 
13ers: 318 23 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Culebra Reservation 5/21 Weather Impact

Post by 9patrickmurphy »

Have you tried calling or emailing the ranch to ask? They're usually pretty good about allowing reschedules. There's a lot of snow coming tonight and tomorrow so that's what I would try.
Marmot96
14ers: 57  6  9 
13ers: 22 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Marmot96 »

9patrickmurphy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:12 am Have you tried calling or emailing the ranch to ask? They're usually pretty good about allowing reschedules. There's a lot of snow coming tonight and tomorrow so that's what I would try.
Thanks for the suggestion, couldn't get a hold of them originally. Eventually did and they let me reschedule. Would much prefer to do this with some better weather!

FYI for anyone else who has reservations tomorrow, I was informed they still plan to open the gate in the morning.
Cide
14ers: 54  5 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Cide »

They must not be expecting very inclement weather if they are going for a gate opening.
"Salients in the Void"
Permitting the CO 14ers, A Slow March to a Sad Future.