Let the pile on begin

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
719BR
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Let the pile on begin

Post by 719BR »

HikerGuy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Let the pile on begin

Post by HikerGuy »

Mistakes happen. Thank goodness we have such well-trained and dedicated SAR groups in our state.
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

Glad they made it out okay, nice job by SAR
derekpetrie
14ers: 17 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by derekpetrie »

HikerGuy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:29 pm Mistakes happen. Thank goodness we have such well-trained and dedicated SAR groups in our state.
Agree we are lucky to have amazingly talented and dedicated SAR across the state. This is more than a “mistakes happen” incident. It’s a case we’re ignorance almost cost people life or limb. I’m glad they made it out, even more glad to see broad media coverage because the lesson here is one everyone should understand.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

Glad they're ok.
You'd think at least checking a weather forecast, at some point, during the drive up...
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Although Texans have cornered the market on prideful ignorance, there's unaware folks everywhere.

My favorite was returning home from skiing Queens Way to my old place in Erie on a warm late-May day, with a full view of snow covered IPW behind me, and my neighbors asking "there's still snow up there?"
Make wilderness less accessible.
two lunches
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 59
Trip Reports (0)

Post by two lunches »

pvnisher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:27 am Glad they're ok.
You'd think at least checking a weather forecast, at some point, during the drive up...
they said the weather was hot and dry in texas so...

sometimes i feel stupid for harping so much on people to do their research (routes, weather, etc.) before heading to the backcountry. this story unfortunately makes me feel less stupid for that. glad everyone is okay- hopefully these folks made a donation to AVSAR
“To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
TeocaliTripper
14ers: 8  3  1 
13ers: 6 5 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TeocaliTripper »

Attachments
texas moment.jpg
texas moment.jpg (62.54 KiB) Viewed 882 times
RobLowe
14ers: 58  6  48 
13ers: 181 1 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by RobLowe »

In an effort to promote team positive energy here on the forum, I’m glad they are okay! Great work, as always, by SAR.
A man who has no imagination has no wings

IG: rlmbarlow
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob »

They checked every box lol. Given the hike in, I wonder how they decided on Lake Como out of all places?
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™