Kit Carson via Challenger: Looking for another experienced hiker Friday/Saturday (19/20)

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
JumpinJo
Trip Reports (0)

Kit Carson via Challenger: Looking for another experienced hiker Friday/Saturday (19/20)

Post by JumpinJo »

Hello! My friend and I are planning on leaving Denver around 5pm on Friday, car camping around the Willow Lake trail head, and hiking early (like 5:30am) to summit Challenger Point and Kit Carson on Saturday (August 20). We both have dabbled in class 3/4, but would feel more comfortable with another experienced hiker along. If anyone is interested, please respond to this thread :)
mas0156
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 59 7
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Kit Carson via Challenger: Looking for another experienced hiker Friday/Saturday (19/20)

Post by mas0156 »

Best of luck. I'm targeting this route the weekend of 8/27-8/28 so if you don't climb this weekend then keep in touch. Another low intensity monsoon surge to hit on the 20th - 22nd according to Chris Tomer. I plan to climb between surges or when the monsoon is just done.
dgelbaum1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Kit Carson via Challenger: Looking for another experienced hiker Friday/Saturday (19/20)

Post by dgelbaum1 »

mas0156 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:53 am Best of luck. I'm targeting this route the weekend of 8/27-8/28 so if you don't climb this weekend then keep in touch. Another low intensity monsoon surge to hit on the 20th - 22nd according to Chris Tomer. I plan to climb between surges or when the monsoon is just done.
I would like to go next weekend. Was planning crestones this weekend but weather not playing nice. I am a pretty strong hiker with a good pace. Let me know if I can tag along.