Three New Centennial Peak Finishers

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jjust
Trip Reports (0)

Three New Centennial Peak Finishers

Post by jjust »

Brian Kooienga, Kevin Smith, and myself (James Just) finished the Centennial Peaks on Dallas Peak together this past Saturday. It was quite a journey. We used this site's trip reports and peak/route information extensively to make it happen. Thanks to all who have contributed!

Dallas Peak Trip Report

Colorado Centennial Peaks
Mtnman200
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 440
Trip Reports (85)

Re: Three New Centennial Peak Finishers

Post by Mtnman200 »

Congratulations to Brian, Kevin, and James on completing the (pre-LIDAR) Colorado centennials! Dallas is definitely a great peak, and it sounds like a good time was had by all.
"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner
cottonmountaineering
14ers: 58  7  18 
13ers: 178 38 31
Trip Reports (1)

Post by cottonmountaineering »

congrats!
Chipmunk
14ers: 58  3  25 
13ers: 323 18 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Chipmunk »

I took a look at your website and I believe we met on Arrow - I was with two other girls (we later found your friend's fishing license on the ramp and mailed it back to him :lol:). You said you were headed over to Trinity next for your Centennial finisher. Congrats on finishing the pre-LiDAR list as well with Dallas, and how cool to have a triple finisher with friends!
jjust
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jjust »

Chipmunk wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:16 pm I took a look at your website and I believe we met on Arrow - I was with two other girls (we later found your friend's fishing license on the ramp and mailed it back to him :lol:). You said you were headed over to Trinity next for your Centennial finisher. Congrats on finishing the pre-LiDAR list as well with Dallas, and how cool to have a triple finisher with friends!
Yep... I remember you guys! Thanks for the congrats. And I guess to be clear, the three of us have done both lists, including Trinity, Arrow, and Niagara. I guess we felt like the map elevation list is what we started on and actually has more difficult peaks so we did both. I finished LIDAR on Trinity and map elevations on Dallas. Time to start working on the Bi-Cents! :-D
daway8
14ers: 58  24 
13ers: 155 29
Trip Reports (70)

Post by daway8 »

Sweet! Congratulations to the three of you - that's a lot of climbing!
=D> =D> =D>
Will_E
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 211 37
Trip Reports (21)

Post by Will_E »

Nice work! It’s a huge accomplishment!
ScreeSurfer
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 262
Trip Reports (2)

Post by ScreeSurfer »

Way to get it done boys! Congrats James, BK, Kevo!
desertdog
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 273 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by desertdog »

Congratulations to you guys!
The summit is a source of power. The long view gives one knowledge and time to prepare. The summit, by virtue of the dizzying exposure, leaves one vulnerable. A bit of confidence and a dash of humility is all we get for our work. Yet to share these moments with friends is to be human. C. Anker
climbingcue
14ers: 58  8  27 
13ers: 317 21 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbingcue »

Congrats to all three of you, welcome to the Centennial finisher club...
Consecutive months with at least one 13er or 14er, 72 months
Wildernessjane
14ers: 58  13  46 
13ers: 256 23 19
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Wildernessjane »

Congratulations to you all!
“Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.” -David McCullough?
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

Congratulations to the three of you =D> =D> =D> Glad you counted Dallas. I hope to be celebrating next year as well.
Century Bound, eventually.