14ers partners

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ruincu
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (0)

14ers partners

Post by ruincu »

Hey my name is Corbin Klein and I am looking for some 14er partners for 2010. I really want to climb atleast 15 this year and have a few arranged but due to the lack of friends and parents willing to climb them I thought I would turn to the forum. I will be up front about my age... I'm only 16 and can't drive so if your uncomfortable taking up a 16 year old thats totally fine but I thought I would ask.
As to prior experience I have climbed bierstadt in demcember of 2009
rock climbing experience i can climb a 5.12 - at rockn and jammn and thrill seekers.
spent a lot of time above tree line backpacking and hiking to snowboard runs.
If you have any trips coming up that you would be willing for me to tag along please shoot me an email at outdoorfr3ak@gmail.com that would be amazing.
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Re: 14ers partners

Post by EatinHardtack »

Talk to lostsheep5 on here. He's younger than you and he'll be finishing the 14ers this year. And this kid has done it completely on his own finding partners, I've been on a few with him. He inspires me.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Rgrady2243
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rgrady2243 »

Hey everyone, realize I’m commenting on a 10 year old
Post but it’s the first that came up regarding this topic. I’m new to CO and looking for some folks to tackle 14ers with me. Normally ok doing it alone but Colorado is entirely different country than I was used to in the sierras and would prefer to play it safe. Anyways let me know! Thanks!
Dakota
14ers: 25 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Dakota »

Rgrady2243 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:34 pm Hey everyone, realize I’m commenting on a 10 year old
Post but it’s the first that came up regarding this topic. I’m new to CO and looking for some folks to tackle 14ers with me. Normally ok doing it alone but Colorado is entirely different country than I was used to in the sierras and would prefer to play it safe. Anyways let me know! Thanks!
Hi there

I plan to do more remote peaks this summer and wouldn't mind some company for some of them. PM me if you have any interest in Chicago Basin, Lake Como, and Navajo Lake.
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
-Albert Einstein
+Gravy
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by +Gravy »

Last edited by +Gravy on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rgrady2243
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rgrady2243 »

I’ll be doing stuff on the weekends here and there! Let’s link up!
pbarn
14ers: 51 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pbarn »

Dakota wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:09 pm
Rgrady2243 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:34 pm Hey everyone, realize I’m commenting on a 10 year old
Hi there

I plan to do more remote peaks this summer and wouldn't mind some company for some of them. PM me if you have any interest in Chicago Basin, Lake Como, and Navajo Lake.
I'm planning to do Chicago Basin and the Wilson group in the first week of July. Let me know if you're interested. Could do a few closer/shorter hikes first before diving into the overnighters if you like. Also *could* do Como for LB.
pcsongei
14ers: 15 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pcsongei »

I often hike alone and would be interested in hiking with others as well. I'm definitely looking to do a significant number of the Sawatch 14ers this year (Elbert, Massive, Missouri, La Plata, Harvard/Columbia) so keep me posted. I've been around Colorado for a little while and am pretty fit and experienced around these parts.