RMNP Closed Due to Fire

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
onebyone
14ers: 58  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: RMNP Closed Due to Fire

Post by onebyone »

Looks good out there.

Doesn't look like the west and south sides of Troublesome got too much snow tough.
illusion7il
14ers: 58  2  57 
13ers: 261 1 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by illusion7il »

onebyone wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:05 pm Looks good out there.

Doesn't look like the west and south sides of Troublesome got too much snow tough.
I measured 9.5" of wet heavy snow at my place in Granby which would be the South Side.
I saw a post earlier where someone in Hot Sulpher showed 10+ inches which would be the Southwest Side.
The Fire crews this morning reported 12+ inches in the higher elevations of the fire.
onebyone
14ers: 58  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by onebyone »

illusion7il wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:53 pm
onebyone wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:05 pm Looks good out there.

I measured 9.5" of wet heavy snow at my place in Granby which would be the South Side.
I saw a post earlier where someone in Hot Sulpher showed 10+ inches which would be the Southwest Side.
The Fire crews this morning reported 12+ inches in the higher elevations of the fire.
Yeah, that's not enough. The dumping on Estes and the Cameron fire was solid though.
espressoself
14ers: 33  1 
13ers: 40 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by espressoself »

I'm sure some of you probably saw this, but in case you haven't yet, some areas of RMNP were reopened as of 11/6:
On Friday, November 6, many areas in Rocky Mountain National Park will reopen after being closed since October 22, due to the East Troublesome Fire. Areas that will reopen include roads, parking areas and trails in Wild Basin, Longs Peak, Lily Lake, Twin Sisters, Lumpy Ridge and US 34 through the Fall River Entrance to Many Parks Curve as well as the Endovalley Road. Old Fall River Road will be open to bicycles, leashed pets and walkers.

The west side of Rocky Mountain National Park remains closed due to the level of fire impacts and ongoing safety assessments.

Areas that remain temporarily closed to park visitors on the east side of the park include US 36 past the Beaver Meadows Visitor Center to Deer Ridge Junction, including the Beaver Meadows Entrance. Bear Lake Road remains closed. The North Boundary Trail, the North Fork Trail, and Mummy Pass, Stormy Pass, Commanche Peak and Mirror Lake Trails remain closed. Park staff will continue to assess these areas for fire activity, safety and downed trees, being mindful of high winds that occur this time of year causing more trees to fall.