Any chance of getting an “ignore user” feature?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
OldTrad
14ers: 36 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (4)

Any chance of getting an “ignore user” feature?

Post by OldTrad »

Even if it only let you ignore a single user it would be a godsend.
Monster5
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 290 37
Trip Reports (27)

Re: Any chance of getting an “ignore user” feature?

Post by Monster5 »

You can designate Fireonthemountain as your foe in the user control panel. He gets on my nerves too, I hear ya.
"The road to alpine climbing is pocked and poorly marked, ending at an unexpectedly closed gate 5 miles from the trailhead." - MP user Beckerich
Bombay2Boulder
14ers: 56  3 
13ers: 269 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Bombay2Boulder »

I have not personally used this yet, but looking at the forum faqs-

What are my Friends and Foes lists?
You can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.
How can I add / remove users to my Friends or Foes list?
You can add users to your list in two ways. Within each user’s profile, there is a link to add them to either your Friend or Foe list. Alternatively, from your User Control Panel, you can directly add users by entering their member name. You may also remove users from your list using the same page.
OldTrad
Trip Reports (4)

Post by OldTrad »

Monster5 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:41 pm You can designate Fireonthemountain as your foe in the user control panel. He gets on my nerves too, I hear ya.
:lol:
Actually, I wasn’t thinking of him, but you are getting warmer.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

The downside of the foe feature is that it only works if you're logged in.
Most times I peruse the forum without signing in.

A feature that would be fun to think about is for all the 'foes' get locked into their own forum and all they see is each other.
But tease them from time to time by allowing them to see the regular forum but they're blocked from posting.
Kind of like our President being locked out of twitter for the next 12hrs....that must be excruciating. 😆
OldTrad
Trip Reports (4)

Post by OldTrad »

d_baker wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:20 pm A feature that would be fun to think about is for all the 'foes' get locked into their own forum and all they see is each other.
But tease them from time to time by allowing them to see the regular forum but they're blocked from posting.
Kind of like our President being locked out of twitter for the next 12hrs....that must be excruciating. 😆
Thank you for this. Funniest thing I have read on this crazy day!
hellmanm
14ers: 58 
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by hellmanm »

CaptCO wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:45 pm Hahhhahaha. Soft bois
Dude, when you know this thread is about you just by looking at the title, you might want to rethink how you conduct yourself online. Attention-seeking behavior is all well and good, and (as I've mentioned before) I admire your climbing ambition+accomplishments, but take it down a notch to start the new year.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Breaking News: Whiny little bitch, who can't even rage-quit an internet forum successfully, accuses others of being soft.
Make wilderness less accessible.
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

OldTrad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:04 pm
d_baker wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:20 pm A feature that would be fun to think about is for all the 'foes' get locked into their own forum and all they see is each other.
Thank you for this. Funniest thing I have read on this crazy day!
I just hope that I haven't been foe'd by anyone!
So I suggest a minimum of needing to be foe'd a minimum of 5 times by other members. Some here may get foe'd that much on a stoned drunk night of posting garbage!
But locking their account from posting would be a good option.
Dave B wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:28 am
Breaking News: Whiny little bitch, who can't even rage-quit an internet forum successfully, accuses others of being soft.
Seems like I've seen several posts by 'whiny little bitch' looking for partners, and one even lamented about people not taking it serious.
I wonder why he needs to keep posting?
And to think, the op here is a rock climber, and maybe, just maybe, he could be the type of guy to take a new guy out from time to time to help develop his skills, but instead the op is called soft by someone that seems to want (and needs) to learn about rock.
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

I'll also add that I had a pm last week by another member that thought the Capt is nearly, or is, as bad as TG and deserves to be kicked off the 14er island.
I don't think Bill would ban him though, but when there's talk like this thread of an 'ignore' feature (if in fact it's the same kid) and talk of the need/hope of him being banned, there's something going on and he's not quite right.
Maybe he has personal problems outside of what we are aware of, in which case, I hope he can get the professional help he needs.
He has shown very brief moments of being a decent member, but for some reason he dissolves quickly.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

d_baker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:01 am He has shown very brief moments of being a decent member
Brief flashes of contrition, but he has a hard time sticking with it. Daddy probably didn't give him enough attention. Oh, wait! That's someone else in the news.

I guess it applies to both.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
blazintoes
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 327 3 73
Trip Reports (16)

Post by blazintoes »

[attachment=0]10612w.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
10612w.jpg
10612w.jpg (84.24 KiB) Viewed 3675 times