Any chance of getting an “ignore user” feature?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Any chance of getting an “ignore user” feature?

Post by ker0uac »

Matt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:13 pm Ok. So which era of Kerouac reflects you?
Save that question for my death bed
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
CarpeDM
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 350 13
Trip Reports (10)

Post by CarpeDM »

ker0uac wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:02 pm
CarpeDM wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:45 pm There's another one: "pioneered" isn't the correct word here. Those musical styles existed before him.
I accept that as your opinion. But take a look at Minneapolis rock.
CarpeDM wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:45 pm I would also take issue with the characterization as "depressed and drug addict" -- not so much because those words aren't true (or may not be, I'll admit that I'm stepping into the unknown on the depression), but because they miss the important context of how he became a drug addict.
There's always a context, so what? You didn't seem worried about any *context* when passing judgement onto CaptCo just a few hrs ago, so why is it important now that I am passing judgement onto Price? :-k :-k

Do you take issue with your characterization of CaptCo as a possible douchebag because it misses the important context of how he became a douchebag?
Touche. I am chastised myself.
"This route is awesome; you can bring all your favorite holds home with you!" - Cedar Wright
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." - Oscar Wilde
"I just wanna live the life I please; I don't want no enemies; I don't want nothing if I have to fake it
Never take nothing don't belong to me; everything's paid for; nothing's free; If I give my heart will you promise not to break it?" - Lucinda Williams
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

CarpeDM wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:02 pm Touche. I am chastised myself.
Nah I was just being sarcastic 8)
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
CarpeDM
Trip Reports (10)

Post by CarpeDM »

Matt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:13 pm I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I could never include you in such a group. I know you better than that even if I haven't seen you in years.
Things on this forum occur in cycles. It's been a long time since anyone tried to increase the sense of community and of cooperation here. It's a damn worthy cause.
I hold you in high esteem, Matt, and hope that we will always see eye-to-eye on important matters - such as which Uncle Tupelo album is best.
"This route is awesome; you can bring all your favorite holds home with you!" - Cedar Wright
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." - Oscar Wilde
"I just wanna live the life I please; I don't want no enemies; I don't want nothing if I have to fake it
Never take nothing don't belong to me; everything's paid for; nothing's free; If I give my heart will you promise not to break it?" - Lucinda Williams
CarpeDM
Trip Reports (10)

Post by CarpeDM »

ker0uac wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:16 pm
CarpeDM wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:02 pm Touche. I am chastised myself.
Nah I was just being sarcastic 8)
That's what pink text is for. Or have you not been around that long?
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

ker0uac wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:20 pm Confucius said that when someone wrongs you in any way, the most productive course of action for you is to reflect on what you could have done differently to avoid that situation.
John Wick says otherwise.
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

CarpeDM wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:23 pm
Matt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:13 pm I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I could never include you in such a group. I know you better than that even if I haven't seen you in years.
Things on this forum occur in cycles. It's been a long time since anyone tried to increase the sense of community and of cooperation here. It's a damn worthy cause.
I hold you in high esteem, Matt, and hope that we will always see eye-to-eye on important matters - such as which Uncle Tupelo album is best.
Oh my gosh, quit with the adulation, how can I ignore both of you lolol
CarpeDM
Trip Reports (10)

Post by CarpeDM »

ker0uac wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:33 pm
Nice! Just tryin' to model good behavior for the Capt.
CarpeDM
Trip Reports (10)

Post by CarpeDM »

ker0uac wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:33 pm
I guess that's better than:

Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Definitely.
I'm sticking with "No Depression," BTW.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
81go
14ers: 23 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 81go »

My favorite: "still feel gone"
timisimaginary
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

i tried to follow the 14ers topic on Parler, but it was boring. all they ever talked about was planning an "assault on Capitol Peak".
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin