Any chance of getting an “ignore user” feature?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Any chance of getting an “ignore user” feature?

Post by ker0uac »

How can one apply to be a moderator? Ive nothing else going on in my life so i think Id be a good moderate voice of reason
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Jon Frohlich wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:26 pm
Scott P wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:01 pm Possibly because the old moderators have become inactive on the site.

They used to be frequent posters. I haven't seen them around in the past few years.
Isn't Bill the only moderator left? I know there were two others but one doesn't post much anymore and the other one doesn't seem to be showing as a moderator.

USAKeller and CONative used to be moderators, but I haven't seen them around for a while.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
OldTrad
14ers: 36 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (4)

Post by OldTrad »

For what it’s worth - since I opened this can of worms...

Thanks to those who explained how to use the profile settings to ignore a user. It works and my life is now better as a result. I’m not crazy about the way it replaces a user’s message with a note indicating that the post is there, but it’s a big improvement nonetheless.
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

OldTrad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:10 pm For what it’s worth - since I opened this can of worms...

Thanks to those who explained how to use the profile settings to ignore a user. It works and my life is now better as a result. I’m not crazy about the way it replaces a user’s message with a note indicating that the post is there, but it’s a big improvement nonetheless.
What user did you ignore? You already opened the can, might as well spill it

Hopefully the ignored user won't create a second account and bother you again
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

ker0uac wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:26 pm
OldTrad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:10 pm For what it’s worth - since I opened this can of worms...

If it's you, he won't see your question! Haha
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

d_baker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:33 pm If it's you, he won't see your question! Haha
Can't be him; he's the voice of reason and gunning for a moderator spot. vv
ker0uac wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:33 pm How can one apply to be a moderator? Ive nothing else going on in my life so i think Id be a good moderate voice of reason
Might be me though. :shock: Although I like OldTrad just fine. :-D
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

d_baker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:33 pm

:lol:
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

12ersRule wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:27 am
kebabra wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:10 am I’ve been on many forums that are considered absolutely horrible, so bad that people have been arrested for things they said on them. And this website has 10x the amount of hate. It’s just a bunch of old people who like going upwards but I wouldn’t be surprised if a 14er meetup ended in mass murder
How do you mean, good sir (or maam)? Please explain.
Read the rest of his posts on the forum. Definitely a troll.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

d_baker wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Unless someone, like you, quotes them... :evil: :mrgreen:
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

^ correct. That's another downside of foe.
OldTrad
14ers: 36 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (4)

Post by OldTrad »

d_baker wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 pm ^ correct. That's another downside of foe.
well, at least since many “low-value” posts aren’t responded to anyway it does eliminate a fair amount of tedious garbage from what you would otherwise see. IMO it could be improved on a bit, but at least gives you some nominal control.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

I don't know if low value posts aren't responded to... That Rainier thread really took a detour.