Missing List of Peaks on Home Page

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
randalmartin
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 48 2
Trip Reports (13)

Missing List of Peaks on Home Page

Post by randalmartin »

Seems the site changed recently so that now the home page no longer has the list of peaks on the left side which is a nice way to quickly navigate to specific Peak pages.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Missing List of Peaks on Home Page

Post by susanjoypaul »

randalmartin wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:42 am Seems the site changed recently so that now the home page no longer has the list of peaks on the left side which is a nice way to quickly navigate to specific Peak pages.
I like the new look, especially the bigger photos. Stunning. And I don't mind clicking through menus to find what I need.
wineguy
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 143
Trip Reports (7)

Post by wineguy »

I miss the list too. And I no longer see a name for the peak in the photo. It was like a daily quiz, try to identify the peak, then scroll down for the answer.
Bill, I still love you, but I miss the old page!
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters." - Norman Maclean
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

I miss the old page too, but I thought I'd better not be the first person to say anything about it, especially since I appreciate 14ers.com so much.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
susanjoypaul
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

wineguy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:48 am I miss the list too. And I no longer see a name for the peak in the photo. It was like a daily quiz, try to identify the peak, then scroll down for the answer.
I hear he's changing it up so when you login, you have ten seconds to identify the peak and type your answer into a box. If you're wrong, you get kicked off the site for 24 hours while you study your peaks. Then you can come back and try again.
douglas
14ers: 53 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by douglas »

Scott P wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:51 am I miss the old page too, but I thought I'd better not be the first person to say anything about it, especially since I appreciate 14ers.com so much.
No need to worry. I mentioned it yesterday. I like the new look and thanks a ton Bill for everything. I also like the peak list for quick navigation and a way to identify the peak photo.
pbarn
14ers: 51 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pbarn »

wineguy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:48 am I miss the list too. And I no longer see a name for the peak in the photo. It was like a daily quiz, try to identify the peak, then scroll down for the answer.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who does that...
HikerGuy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

susanjoypaul wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:51 am I hear he's changing it up so when you login, you have ten seconds to identify the peak and type your answer into a box. If you're wrong, you get kicked off the site for 24 hours while you study your peaks. Then you can come back and try again.
This needs to happen! Maybe a 1 hour lockout period, just think how much work productivity would go up.
susanjoypaul
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

HikerGuy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:57 am
susanjoypaul wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:51 am I hear he's changing it up so when you login, you have ten seconds to identify the peak and type your answer into a box. If you're wrong, you get kicked off the site for 24 hours while you study your peaks. Then you can come back and try again.
This needs to happen! Maybe a 1 hour lockout period, just think how much work productivity would go up.
Agree. Better yet, name the peak for one hour of access. Name the aspect for two, and the route for three. And if there are people in the photo, name them all - and you get to surf 14ers.com all day long. People would learn their peaks! And yeah, maybe get some work done. Speaking of which...
docinco
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by docinco »

pbarn wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:11 am
yup, same here. anyone found a way to delete the solicitation at the bottom?
Carl_Healy
14ers: 19  3 
13ers: 50 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Carl_Healy »

susanjoypaul wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:16 am
HikerGuy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:57 am
Agree. Better yet, name the peak for one hour of access. Name the aspect for two, and the route for three. And if there are people in the photo, name them all - and you get to surf 14ers.com all day long. People would learn their peaks! And yeah, maybe get some work done. Speaking of which...
And if you enable geolocation you're granted unlimited access if you're detected as being somewhere above 13,000'
If you can't run, you walk
If you can't walk, you crawl
If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you
douglas
14ers: 53 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by douglas »

docinco wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:34 am
pbarn wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:11 am
yup, same here. anyone found a way to delete the solicitation at the bottom?
The solicitation helps fund the site, so probably a good thing to have there.