Your 37th 14er

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Dignus
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (1)

Your 37th 14er

Post by Dignus »

For those of you who made it this far, what was your 37th 14er? Why did you pick that one? Do have any good stories from the trip? Which one do you recommend for someone preparing for this momentous occasion? Personally I'm considering Redcloud but I'm just not sure.
Verso l'alto
-Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati
cougar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 135 2
Trip Reports (10)

Re: Your 37th 14er

Post by cougar »

North Maroon. Had to dodge a flying rock launched by a marmot at the top of the gully, and a bad cairn got me a bit off route into a very loose area just below the summit, where I grabbed a big loose rock that also went flying down.

Picked it because the bells were on my short list, I had partners invite for it, and that's how things worked out. Met a few people on the summit doing it as their finisher that day.
http://www.listsofjohn.com/m/cougar

"If we don't change direction, we'll end up where we're going."
"Bushwhacking is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
"Don't give up on your dreams, stay asleep"
ahworth
14ers: 58  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ahworth »

My 37th was Holy Cross. My 13 year old cross country runner was hiking with me and Holy Cross was a good way to start our summer hiking season. She set a strong pace especially on the climb back to the trailhead - I think she was a little hangry at that point. The hike was definitely the best part of our day as we got stuck in the Sunday afternoon traffic jam on I70 on the way home.
Bean
14ers: 45  45  10 
13ers: 9 4
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Bean »

It'll be Snowmass, I wanted a big early sufferfest with friends for such a monumental milestone.
"There are no hard 14ers, but some are easier than others." - Scott P
http://throughpolarizedeyes.com
WildWanderer
14ers: 58  18 
13ers: 491 13
Trip Reports (343)

Post by WildWanderer »

#37 for me was Mt Oxford, right after Belford. It was my first time wearing snowshoes. I chose it because I wanted to practice hiking in winter conditions. I'd already done Missouri, so I knew the area.

https://wildwandererlmc.wordpress.com/2 ... ord-14153/
It's a mountain: get over it.
RobbS
14ers: 36 
13ers: 63
Trip Reports (0)

Post by RobbS »

Dignus wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:04 am For those of you who made it this far, what was your 37th 14er? Why did you pick that one? Do have any good stories from the trip? Which one do you recommend for someone preparing for this momentous occasion? Personally I'm considering Redcloud but I'm just not sure.
Your 37th post is about your 37th (and next) fourteener? 8-[
Is this by design or just some random number alignment?

Coincidentally, 37 is also next for me. There's a good chance it will be Antero but now that you've started this thread I'm going to have to rethink.
climbingcue
14ers: 58  8  27 
13ers: 317 21 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbingcue »

My 37th was Conundrum Peak
Consecutive months with at least one 13er or 14er, 72 months
stoopdude
14ers: 57  3 
13ers: 72
Trip Reports (0)

Post by stoopdude »

I wish I knew how to figure out the answer to this lol.
HikesInGeologicTime
14ers: 58  8  18 
13ers: 60 2 11
Trip Reports (37)

Post by HikesInGeologicTime »

stoopdude wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:32 am I wish I knew how to figure out the answer to this lol.
Luckily for me, every fourteener I've climbed from #33 on (Handies, where I split my face open by taking a free-fall onto a rock from 5-10' above it) has been so traumatic in some exciting new way that I just had to write a trip report about it!

Which is how I am able to report that #37 was Challenger, whose gully ripped me - and my pants - a new one. Several times over. #38, attained that same day, was Kit Carson, because I decided at Challenger's summit that I only hated myself enough to deal with that misery once.

Oh, and happy April Fools' Day to you too, OP! :)
"I'm not selling drugs, dude. Drugs sell themselves. I'm selling stoke!"
- Guy at the table next to mine at Alta's Slopeside Cafe, in what I can't help but selfishly hope were (will be?) his verbatim words to the arresting officer(s)
mroger29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mroger29 »

Lindsey was my 37th this summer, and I have to say, I didn't really enjoy the ridge or the descent down the gully. Beautiful views however! Looking at Sisnaajini from the top was magical.
Salient
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Salient »

RobbS wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:40 am
Dignus wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:04 am For those of you who made it this far, what was your 37th 14er? Why did you pick that one? Do have any good stories from the trip? Which one do you recommend for someone preparing for this momentous occasion? Personally I'm considering Redcloud but I'm just not sure.
Your 37th post is about your 37th (and next) fourteener? 8-[
Is this by design or just some random number alignment?

Coincidentally, 37 is also next for me. There's a good chance it will be Antero but now that you've started this thread I'm going to have to rethink.
Damn, I thought I only had 36 posts so this could be my 37th but I miscounted by 2 and this is my 39th post and now I'm sad :(

(Also sad because I don't live in CO and my next 14er will be my first one)
Be the best you that you can be.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Culebra for me. 14ers.com trip organized by Susan Joy Paul.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.