Drinking on a Peak: What it Takes

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
interloper
14ers: 36 
13ers: 101
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Drinking on a Peak: What it Takes

Post by interloper »

Presto wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 am Well, Mr. Interloper, as a PROUD BEER SNOBBINGTON, I am coming out of hibernation to tell you that I thoroughly agree with Gandalf69 regarding consuming swill water of any kind ... and I agree with the OP that ABV is a major component of having true summit joy. :iluvbeer: :iluvbeer: :iluvbeer: Of course, I am unique in that I have never tasted a coors, bud, miller, michelob, pbr, or any other "mainstream" beer that is not of the "ABV threshold of my personal requirements for pleasure". Those who know me are not shocked by this comments. 8)

Happy trails! :-D
Imagine criticizing beers you've never tried! Notice that I'm not putting down your craft beer preferences. Drink what you like, but don't be a dingus.
"May the good lord shine a light on you, warm like the evening sun." - Jagger-Richards, 1972
timisimaginary
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

i can't believe there's two pages of debate on sharpie vs. acetone, and meanwhile, no one notices that he talked about dumping beer on a summit?
i'm pretty sure dumping beer violates LNT principles. everyone knows, the correct way to dispose of beer on a summit is to drink it and then piss it out an hour later.
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

timisimaginary wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:25 pm i can't believe there's two pages of debate on sharpie vs. acetone, and meanwhile, no one notices that he talked about dumping beer on a summit?
i'm pretty sure dumping beer violates LNT principles. everyone knows, the correct way to dispose of beer on a summit is to drink it and then piss it out an hour later.
That, then, qualifies as a natural and safe mode of disposal. But dang sure better not empty it straight out of the can… cuz why would you in the first place??
Bryan W
14ers: 34 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Bryan W »

greenonion wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:43 pm
timisimaginary wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:25 pm i can't believe there's two pages of debate on sharpie vs. acetone, and meanwhile, no one notices that he talked about dumping beer on a summit?
That, then, qualifies as a natural and safe mode of disposal. But dang sure better not empty it straight out of the can… cuz why would you in the first place??

It was a bottle and warm Corona was pretty terrible, but maybe the marmots liked it. As for the Julius, the mountain got a small offering and I got the rest. I figure there's always a beer tent/trailer just after the finish line for marathon runners, so it must be good for mountain climbers as well :-D .
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

by interloper » Mon May 10, 2021 10:37 am
Imagine criticizing beers you've never tried! Notice that I'm not putting down your craft beer preferences. Drink what you like, but don't be a dingus.
Regarding the criticizing of beers I've never tried, I spent the early journey of my initial beer testing phase of life trying all kinds of beers (except for the types I listed before ... I do have some principles). I have the feeling that I am, shall we say, longer in the tooth than you. After much deliberation, I have narrowed down said "justifiable qualifiers" for what I'm willing to drink (and actually enjoy drinking). I, in no way, am trying to infer that I am insisting all imbibers have the same good taste as mine ... by all means, to each his own ... different strokes for different folks. I was merely stating my opinion regarding the topic of the thread.

But, Mr. Interloper, as we proceed to the next step towards our bonafide fast-developing friendship, I was curious as to the current definition for "dingus" in the Urban Dictionary ... =D>

Dingus: A person who occasionally pisses you off, but at the end of the day you still love them. :iluvu: They're usually your best friend who makes fun of you from time to time. Dingus can be used as a comment when they irritate you, or in a few cases, it can be endearing.

Backatcha, Interloper, let's go with the endearing being the gal that I am!

Happy Trails! :-D
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Presto wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm
by interloper » Mon May 10, 2021 10:37 am
Regarding the criticizing of beers I've never tried, I spent the early journey of my initial beer testing phase of life trying all kinds of beers (except for the types I listed before ... I do have some principles). I have the feeling that I am, shall we say, longer in the tooth than you. After much deliberation, I have narrowed down said "justifiable qualifiers" for what I'm willing to drink (and actually enjoy drinking). I, in no way, am trying to infer that I am insisting all imbibers have the same good taste as mine ... by all means, to each his own ... different strokes for different folks. I was merely stating my opinion regarding the topic of the thread.

But, Mr. Interloper, as we proceed to the next step towards our bonafide fast-developing friendship, I was curious as to the current definition for "dingus" in the Urban Dictionary ... =D>

Dingus: A person who occasionally pisses you off, but at the end of the day you still love them. :iluvu: They're usually your best friend who makes fun of you from time to time. Dingus can be used as a comment when they irritate you, or in a few cases, it can be endearing.

Backatcha, Interloper, let's go with the endearing being the gal that I am!

Happy Trails! :-D
Dingus - How guys 'affectionately' treat each other.
mtree
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtree »

This just gets better and better...
- I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.