CFI Seeking Helicopter Support

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bsargeant1
14ers: 30  3  3 
Trip Reports (0)

CFI Seeking Helicopter Support

Post by bsargeant1 »

Colorado Fourteeners Initiative is looking for helicopter support for trail maintenance efforts on Grays and Torreys Peaks and Mount Elbert in 2021.

One or two flights are needed to help haul logs and gabions (weighing upwards of 400lbs each) to worksite locations exceeding 13,500-ft in elevation on both Grays and Elbert. Helicopter support will allow staff/youth corps crews/volunteers to utilize their time constructing trail features as opposed to hauling materials up the mountain. This ensures more progress and more on-the-ground impact to protect surrounding alpine vegetation. Without helicopter support, the project will be more time intensive, costly, and less efficient.

If you are able to assist in providing helicopter support for these projects, please call: 303-278-7650 ask for Hannah Clark or email hannah@14ers.org.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Re: CFI Seeking Helicopter Support

Post by justiner »

Hold on I may be able to help, lemme check the shed,
nsaladin
14ers: 58  1  5 
13ers: 12 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nsaladin »

justiner wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:14 am Hold on I may be able to help, lemme check the shed,
😂
If anyone ever needs their day brightened, just check the forum for a new Justiner one liner!
two lunches
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 59
Trip Reports (0)

Post by two lunches »

also if you have access to a helicopter please PM me

..because i would like to go for a ride.
“To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

stephakett wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:11 pm also if you have access to a helicopter please PM me

..because i would like to go for a ride.
I've got a bicycle with some pretty bitchin' handlebars
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

bsargeant1 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:05 am Colorado Fourteeners Initiative is looking for helicopter support for trail maintenance efforts on Grays and Torreys Peaks and Mount Elbert in 2021.

One or two flights are needed to help haul logs and gabions (weighing upwards of 400lbs each) to worksite locations exceeding 13,500-ft in elevation on both Grays and Elbert.
Little known fact: Logs and Gabions are the nicknames of two very heavy people CFI is trying to help summit this year. 8)
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
headsizeburrito
14ers: 29  18 
13ers: 89 4
Trip Reports (8)

Post by headsizeburrito »

gabions
Sadly I don't have a helicopter but at least I learned a new word today!
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

I assume CFI will need one with MT tires, 2" lift and and full body skid plates? I guess raptor lights is a nice to have. Unfortunately, my chopper is a stock SR5, so I won't even offer.
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion