Masks in the Mountains

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Will you wear a mask on your next 14er ascent?

Yes. I will wear 2 masks until told otherwise.
2%
Yes. My mask shows that I care for your health.
8%
Yes. I don't know up from down, but it is important to signal virtue.
2%
Maybe, depends on what the person in front of me is doing.
8%
No. My face is too pretty to hide.
7%
No. The mask thing is so 2020.
3%
No. I read the science and masks outside are absurd.
64%
No. I voted for Trump and I don't think he would approve.
6%

Total votes: 173
RETEP 1
14ers: 58 
13ers: 38
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Masks in the Mountains

Post by RETEP 1 »

Richardhayden wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:55 am
BillMiddlebrook wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:54 am
Richardhayden wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am

If you dont mind me asking, what is your educational background?
Why do you ask, Alec?
I'm trying to figure out if you make me feel stupid on here, or if I actually am retarted \:D/ :thumbup: (I don't care about dynamic vs static IPs)
Didn’t want this gem to get lost while er’body arguing about masks...
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

RETEP 1 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:48 pm
Richardhayden wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:55 am
BillMiddlebrook wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:54 am Why do you ask, Alec?
I'm trying to figure out if you make me feel stupid on here, or if I actually am retarted \:D/ :thumbup: (I don't care about dynamic vs static IPs)
Didn’t want this gem to get lost while er’body arguing about masks...
Agreed, to troll, the boat has to be moving.
highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

RETEP 1 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:48 pm Didn’t want this gem to get lost while er’body arguing about masks...
captgo again.JPG
captgo again.JPG (20.58 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
GreenHorn
Trip Reports (4)

Post by GreenHorn »

highpilgrim wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:24 pm
RETEP 1 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:48 pm Didn’t want this gem to get lost while er’body arguing about masks...
.captgo again.JPG
:lol: :lol:
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

justiner wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:08 pm Find this on a person's profile, click it, confirm, and move on. Life is too short for pointless internet arguments.

block_list.gif
What this guy said.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

Who thinks the 12 people who selected "my face is too pretty to cover with a mask" should reveal their lovely mugs?

And who is Kris?

Oh yeah, and Dave B, saying there has never been a law about masks seems a bit disingenuous. If I can be fined hundreds of dollars for non compliance, seems like a law to me:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... -airports/
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Progressives are Oxy-morons
timisimaginary
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

justiner wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:08 pm Find this on a person's profile, click it, confirm, and move on. Life is too short for pointless internet arguments.

block_list.gif
it's amazing how much more pleasant this place becomes with a couple of mouse clicks.
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

If you really want to be outdoors without a mask on, then getting a vaccine seems to make your life easier... otherwise, it seems like masking up is better :-k :?

Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

Given this recent survey by Gallup, not a right-wing organization, liberals get the facts and science on Covid more wrong than Republicans. For instance, 40% of liberals believe that the chances of someone getting hospitalized with covid is 50%+, when it is in fact 1-5%.

Therefore, it is not absurd to conclude that at least 40% of the people in this forum have no f***ing idea of the science and facts behind covid.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/how- ... behaviors/
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob »

It's simple, those who choose to pledge submissiveness to the Government & MSM Fear Train are free to do so, and those who choose to live free of the fear mongering can do so as well.

Reminds me of the Terror Threat Alerts after 9/11, they weren't designed to manage your safety, they were designed to keep you in a fearful state.

Always question the government and never pledge loyalty to a political party or you look as ridiculous as both the Rs & Ds during this whole COVID-19 fiasco.
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™
Rollie Free
14ers: 45 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rollie Free »

Regarding the chart above why would a 'fully vaccinated' person find wearing a mask situational? Fully vaccinated sounds like the wrong term to use then.

I read the other day that covid exposure from walking by someone, such as on a trail, is virtually impossible. I liken it to the people driving alone or walking their dog by themselves as people who have a poor understanding of all this.
"Quicker than I can tell it, my hands failed to hold, my feet slipped, and down I went with almost an arrow’s rapidity. An eternity of thought, of life, of death, wife, and home concentrated on my mind in those two seconds. Fortunately for me, I threw my right arm around a projecting boulder which stood above the icy plain some two or three feet." Rev. Elijah Lamb
zerosignal28
14ers: 49 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by zerosignal28 »

XterraRob wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:03 am It's simple, those who choose to pledge submissiveness to the Government & MSM Fear Train are free to do so, and those who choose to live free of the fear mongering can do so as well.

Reminds me of the Terror Threat Alerts after 9/11, they weren't designed to manage your safety, they were designed to keep you in a fearful state.

Always question the government and never pledge loyalty to a political party or you look as ridiculous as both the Rs & Ds during this whole COVID-19 fiasco.
Exactly.