Masks in the Mountains

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Will you wear a mask on your next 14er ascent?

Yes. I will wear 2 masks until told otherwise.
2%
Yes. My mask shows that I care for your health.
8%
Yes. I don't know up from down, but it is important to signal virtue.
2%
Maybe, depends on what the person in front of me is doing.
8%
No. My face is too pretty to hide.
7%
No. The mask thing is so 2020.
3%
No. I read the science and masks outside are absurd.
64%
No. I voted for Trump and I don't think he would approve.
6%

Total votes: 173
ncxhjhgvbi
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 58 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Masks in the Mountains

Post by ncxhjhgvbi »

XterraRob wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:46 pm Did you know countless cities became helpless victims to the effects of nuclear fall out from the numerous nuclear tests conducted in the Southwest? Some cities were never told what happened, but cancer rates would spike and the government would send in doctors and researchers to document the effects.
This was one of the most interesting articles I have read recently: https://www.popularmechanics.com/scienc ... e-fallout/

"The AEC would provide Webb, by now the head of Kodak's physics division, with schedules and maps of future tests so that Kodak could take the necessary precautions to protect its product. In return, the people of Kodak were to keep everything they knew about the government's Nevada nuclear testing a secret."
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Masks in the Mountains

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

pvnisher wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:37 pm So now that the CDC says if you're vaccinated you don't need to wear a mask or distance, indoors or outdoors, how long are we going to keep having the masks on trails debate?
Not long. :)

/thread
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs