Andrew Hamilton Centennials Record Attempt

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Phill the Thrill
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 60
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Andrew Hamilton Centennials Record Attempt

Post by Phill the Thrill »

Good luck, Andrew!

I assume this attempt will include only the official Centennials? If so, Andrew will not need to summit some of the peaks included in the 14er speed record - notably, N. Maroon Peak, El Diente, and Conundrum Peak.
"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it." - Andy Rooney
Stratosfearsome
14ers: 58  2  33 
13ers: 244 9 3
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Stratosfearsome »

Awesome! Can't wait to follow this one.
Nobody climbs 14ers anymore, they’re too crowded.
SamWerner
14ers: 37  3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SamWerner »

Phill the Thrill wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:51 pm Good luck, Andrew!

I assume this attempt will include only the official Centennials? If so, Andrew will not need to summit some of the peaks included in the 14er speed record - notably, N. Maroon Peak, El Diente, and Conundrum Peak.
Don't forget the hardest unofficial 14er, Cameron! That one's really difficult to get, it requires tens of feet of strenuous class 1 walking.
rperth
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rperth »

Scott P wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:20 am
rperth wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:18 pm Will that include decalibron? Just curious.
Apparently the peaks (except for the last few feet on Bross) opened up this weekend, but just to make sure, I dropped a message to CFI. The closure was only supposed to last a few weeks, but no thanks to the people who intentionally said they would violate it during the negotiations.
👍
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

Best wishes Andrew and Andrea. Safe passage.

Is there a current official record for the centennials now?
Personally, I am going to aim for the record for the slowest climb of the centennials since I am not boss like Andrew.
I climbed Longs in 2001. I figure if I can get through the toughest ones in the next 5 years, I can probably hold off on a really easy high 13er until 2051. 50 years to summer 100 peaks has a nice ring to it.

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

That's a good question! According to the FKT website, there's a self supported record (but not self powered obvy) of 33d 23h 0m 0s by Eric Gilbertson. Eric has some stout FKT's to his credit! The kinds I like. Here's his Cents trip report:

http://www.countryhighpoints.com/colora ... ntennials/

Given this time, and Andrew's rep, I think Andrew's time expectations are pretty realistic! Go Andrew!
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

justiner wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:34 am That's a good question! According to the FKT website, there's a self supported record (but not self powered obvy) of 33d 23h 0m 0s by Eric Gilbertson. Eric has some stout FKT's to his credit! The kinds I like. Here's his Cents trip report:

http://www.countryhighpoints.com/colora ... ntennials/

Given this time, and Andrew's rep, I think Andrew's time expectations are pretty realistic! Go Andrew!
Sounds like he has a good chance as long as he can stay healthy and manage his energy.
Again, best wishes Andrew and Andrea.

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Woo-hoo! Looking forward to this one!
jfm3
14ers: 58 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (12)

Post by jfm3 »

More details have been posted on their Instagram page. He is going to include the full list of 58 14ers, but since the Decalibron access issue is still up in the air, it sounds like he's going to add the 3 peaks just outside the Centennials too.
Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2596507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamie.mothersbaugh.3rd/
Garmin inReach Map: https://share.garmin.com/jfmiii
andrewhamilton
14ers: 58  2  58 
13ers: 95
Trip Reports (3)

Post by andrewhamilton »

Hey guys! Thanks to the OP for creating this thread about the Centennial Record Attempt. I was going to just use this thread, but then thought it might be nice to create a new thread that had some introductory information about the record attempt at the beginning of the thread, so I created a new one. Here is a link to the new thread if you are interested!

https://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 46#p745846