Needleton beer thieves

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Needleton beer thieves

Post by SkaredShtles »

Carl_Healy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:16 am
JacerJack wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:04 am
Dave B wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:52 am They call the pink font idiot font for a reason, I pReFeR aLtErNaTiNg CaPs AnD sPoNgEbOb MeMeS!
Yes, Daway8, would you mind retyping that whole paragraph with alternating caps please?

(Also sarcasm… please don’t actually do that)
Can also "convert" that in 2-3 minutes with some Excel magic:
Or just stick it into the case-converter! https://convertcase.net/
JacerJack
14ers: 58  3  3 
13ers: 11 3 1
Trip Reports (6)

Post by JacerJack »

superdawg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:31 am
JacerJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 pm
One of the guys in our group put it best: “That’s like saying ‘hey I slept with your wife but here’s $500.’”
Women, beer... same thing, really.

](*,)
It a euphemism for adding insult to injury, not comparing women to beer. I knew there was bound to be someone triggered by that comment.
snacktime
Trip Reports (0)

Post by snacktime »

JacerJack wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:17 pm
One of the guys in our group put it best: “That’s like saying ‘hey I slept with your wife but here’s $500.’”

](*,)
It a euphemism for adding insult to injury, not comparing women to beer. I knew there was bound to be someone triggered by that comment.
Calling out sexism is not the same thing as being triggered. And not to put too fine a point on it (who am I kidding, that's exactly what I will do), but saying "That's like saying 'hey I slept with your wife but here's $500' " is, in fact, a direct comparison, not a euphemism. By definition, a euphemism is "a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing." So, if you intended to use the phrase "That's like saying 'hey I slept with your wife but here's $500' " as a "mild or indirect" way of saying "Someone stole my beer and only left me $29," your intentional use of the term "euphemism" means that you believe it's less offensive to say "That's like saying 'hey I slept with your wife but here's $500' " than to say "Someone stole my beer and only left me $29."
Paula
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 77
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Paula »

](*,)
Just a reminder for those of you that need it: your spouse is not your property and this joke isn't funny.
justiner wrote:^^^ This person foods.
JacerJack
Trip Reports (6)

Post by JacerJack »

superdawg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:21 pm

](*,)
Calling out sexism is not the same thing as being triggered. And not to put too fine a point on it (who am I kidding, that's exactly what I will do), but saying "That's like saying 'hey I slept with your wife but here's $500' " is, in fact, a direct comparison, not a euphemism. By definition, a euphemism is "a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing." So, if you intended to use the phrase "That's like saying 'hey I slept with your wife but here's $500' " as a "mild or indirect" way of saying "Someone stole my beer and only left me $29," your intentional use of the term "euphemism" means that you believe it's less offensive to say "That's like saying 'hey I slept with your wife but here's $500' " than to say "Someone stole my beer and only left me $29."
Relax SJW, it was a light-hearted quip. I respect where you’re coming from, but I can assure you it was not meant that way. And for the record, my wife thought (and still thinks) the comment was funny. She’s sitting here rolling her eyes at your response… Does that make her sexist too? Lighten up.
snacktime
Trip Reports (0)

Post by snacktime »

JacerJack wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 pm
superdawg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Relax SJW, it was a light-hearted quip. I respect where you’re coming from, but I can assure you it was not meant that way. And for the record, my wife thought (and still thinks) the comment was funny. She’s sitting here rolling her eyes at your response… Does that make her sexist too? Lighten up.
If you respected my position, then you wouldn't have called me a mocking name and told me to lighten up. I'm glad I gave your wife a good laugh, though.
mtree
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtree »

Superdawg, JacerJack, Paula... get a ROOM! This lovey dovey stuff is too much such for a family friendly site.
- I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.
JacerJack
Trip Reports (6)

Post by JacerJack »

mtree wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:20 pm Superdawg, JacerJack, Paula... get a ROOM! This lovey dovey stuff is too much such for a family friendly site.
+1 couldn’t agree more. Can’t a guy just complain about his stolen beer? :-D
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

I felt bad for you guys at first, but now you're just sounding like a bunch of dumb Lacrosse players.

Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

I'm surprised no one has pointed out yet that leaving unattended beer in the National Forest is illegal. The rules are specific to not leaving "food, soft drinks, or alcoholic beverages" unattended. I'm just pointing that out rather than flinging accusations. ;) The FS must have tired of drunk bears at one point in time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... bna5756809

The again, maybe the thread has enough drama
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
George James
Trip Reports (4)

Post by George James »

Popped in on a whim, hoping to be entertained. Found some thing about spreadsheets & pain, and this.

Mission accomplished. Where do I leave my twenty bucks?

Hope you’re all doing well
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack
~ The Baron Von Bergschrund
cougar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 135 2
Trip Reports (10)

Post by cougar »

http://www.listsofjohn.com/m/cougar

"If we don't change direction, we'll end up where we're going."
"Bushwhacking is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
"Don't give up on your dreams, stay asleep"