14er thru-hike

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Mel Kel
14ers: 2  1  2 
13ers: 3 1 1
Trip Reports (0)

14er thru-hike

Post by Mel Kel »

Hi all!

40 days ago, my boyfriend set off to thru-hike the 14ers. All in one push. No driving, no hitches, no bikes, no cars. All walking. Self-supported. One, continuous link-up.

To the best of my knowledge, only a couple/few people have done this but in a more traditional backpacking style taking months to complete. To my knowledge, it's not been done in a style in which he is doing.

He has been moving light and fast and the end is in sight, with less than 10 peaks to go. He'll finish up the Delicabron group today (putting him at a count of 52).

He's been pushing really hard, and I'm super proud of him! He's had to work thru some serious challenges with the crazy weather (the monsoons), bouts of hunger and bonking, blisters and soggy feet, injuries (bruising his hip, spraining his ankle, achilles issues etc), and being "alone." Of course he has seen other people on the trails/town but it's different than seeing someone you know who can do wonders to lift your mood and emotional state. Needless to say, I'm excited to see his face hopefully by the end of this week, and wanted to give him a little shout out on here!

If you're interested in following along for the last push and checking out his adventure, you can check him out on Instagram @projectofscience

His name is Pawel - and he is crazy, Polish strong. I'm continuously amazed by his strength and perseverance. Hoping these last few days go well and he can pull this thing off!

**EDIT**
He finished! He completed all 58 peaks in 43 days, 6 hours and 50 minutes.
Thanks for everyone's support!
Last edited by Mel Kel on Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 14er thru-hike

Post by greenonion »

Mel Kel wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am Hi all!

40 days ago, my boyfriend set off to thru-hike the 14ers. All in one push. No driving, no hitches, no bikes, no cars. All walking. Self-supported. One, continuous link-up.

To the best of my knowledge, only a couple/few people have done this but in a more traditional backpacking style taking months to complete. To my knowledge, it's not been done in a style in which he is doing.

He has been moving light and fast and the end is in sight, with less than 10 peaks to go. He'll finish up the Delicabron group today (putting him at a count of 52).

He's been pushing really hard, and I'm super proud of him! He's had to work thru some serious challenges with the crazy weather (the monsoons), bouts of hunger and bonking, blisters and soggy feet, injuries (bruising his hip, spraining his ankle, achilles issues etc), and being "alone." Of course he has seen other people on the trails/town but it's different than seeing someone you know who can do wonders to lift your mood and emotional state. Needless to say, I'm excited to see his face hopefully by the end of this week, and wanted to give him a little shout out on here!

If you're interested in following along for the last push and checking out his adventure, you can check him out on Instagram @projectofscience

His name is Pawel - and he is crazy, Polish strong. I'm continuously amazed by his strength and perseverance. Hoping these last few days go well and he can pull this thing off!
This is awesome! As organic as it gets. I'm cheering you on, Pawel, the crazy strong Polish walking machine!
Fly Agaric
14ers: 41 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Fly Agaric »

Lad!

This is amazing. Going to check out his instagram. Thank you for sharing.
Will_E
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 210 37
Trip Reports (21)

Post by Will_E »

Dang, that’s nuts! He’s my hero!
JChitwood
14ers: 58 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JChitwood »

Thanks for posting I wish him well on his remaining peaks. The Poles are famously tough in the mountains.
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood
climbingcue
14ers: 58  8  27 
13ers: 317 21 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbingcue »

Thank for letting us know of the awesome adventure your BF is on.
Consecutive months with at least one 13er or 14er, 72 months
NM_Hiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by NM_Hiker »

Can't wait to see the trip report for this journey. Wishing you continued success and good health.
Mel Kel
14ers: 2  1  2 
13ers: 3 1 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mel Kel »

Thanks all! Just wanted to let everyone know that he finished!
43 days, 6 hours, and 50 minutes.

Thanks for your support! :)
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

Wow, impressive. Mad respect! Congrats!! :bow:

-Tom
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Really cool! How many shoes did he go through? Huge congrats!
glenmiz
14ers: 58 
13ers: 121 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by glenmiz »

Very impressive; congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing more.
Aim high to end high
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

I’m curious which were the 14er peaks he didn’t do and why?

Really cool accomplishment, oh and how was he able to get all that time off from work?