Zdero1 finishes the Centennials!!

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Zdero1 finishes the Centennials!!

Post by AnnaG22 »

Congratulations, Zdero! I know you've been working toward this for a long time, very well earned, sir! Was nice to run into you on Horseshoe and Cathedral a couple years back.
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

Great work!
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
HikerGuy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

Congrats!!
TaylorHolt
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 210 7
Trip Reports (8)

Post by TaylorHolt »

Congrats Mikey Z! Wish I could've been there. Hope to see you around at a happy hour (or Fall Gathering.....) soon!
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Congrats Mike - huge accomplishment! I wish I could have been there for the finish. Let's go do some bicents and bumps next year.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
Skimo95
14ers: 58  11  23 
13ers: 176 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Skimo95 »

Congratulations man, making it down safely from #100 makes all that time, money, and effort worthwhile. Yewww!
Marmot72
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 570 16
Trip Reports (37)

Post by Marmot72 »

Congratulations!!
I have phenomenal route-finding abilities. Specifically, I have an uncanny knack for selecting the path of most resistance.
zdero1
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 85 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by zdero1 »

Thx for the kind words, guys!

Mike- Thanks for being an incredible friend and climbing partner. Couldn’t have done it without you!

Mtnman- Crestone needle and Jagged Mtn were my favorites. Least favorite: Pikes!

JChitwood- I’m fuzzy on the details about the rocky start to my friendship with MichaelJ. But I do remember that it was all his fault! :P
JQDivide
14ers: 58  33 
13ers: 115 1
Trip Reports (58)

Post by JQDivide »

Congrats!
Fisching
14ers: 58  10 
13ers: 144 1
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Fisching »

Glad I could be there with you for the finisher, Z.

Congrats on finishing the Top 100.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."
"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."
"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."