Maroon Bells Permit 9/24 or 9/25

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
barnsy12
14ers: 55 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Maroon Bells Permit 9/24 or 9/25

Post by barnsy12 »

Was skunked out on Maroon Bells when I had a permit earlier in the summer, and dying to go back. Anyone have an available pass for next weekend 9/24 or 25? Or would let two guys hitch a ride? We'd like to do Maroon Peak.
Pika
14ers: 53 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Maroon Bells Permit 9/24 or 9/25

Post by Pika »

Yes, anyone???????? It would be superawesome to get Maroon this year. I ll cook some killer chicken paprikas for a spot!
cbrobin
14ers: 55  1 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (5)

Post by cbrobin »

I was there yesterday. What is this permit you speak of?
More Colorado than the Natives.
Zeepe
14ers: 58 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Zeepe »

I have a permit for October 8th and going to attempt North Maroon peak and hopefully summit!!!
Pika
14ers: 53 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Pika »

Zeepe wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:56 am I have a permit for October 8th and going to attempt North Maroon peak and hopefully summit!!!
Can I jump on that permit? I will have to do Maroon though, so we will have to split at the junction.....
conorpowderhunter
Trip Reports (0)

Post by conorpowderhunter »

If you want to risk it, the entrance is given a certain allowance of "day of" permits. I showed up a month or so ago on a Friday at 4:50PM and was able to get an overnight parking permit/pass for the entire weekend.
ScottLovesRMNP
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 327 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by ScottLovesRMNP »

conorpowderhunter wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 am If you want to risk it, the entrance is given a certain allowance of "day of" permits. I showed up a month or so ago on a Friday at 4:50PM and was able to get an overnight parking permit/pass for the entire weekend.
Which type of permit was that? I know they sell midnight-midnight passes and also 60-hour passes. I'm interested in about 2.5-3 days to do backpacking on the Four Pass Loop. Did you happen to get a sense of whether you could drive in and get one of those?
conorpowderhunter
Trip Reports (0)

Post by conorpowderhunter »

ScottLovesRMNP wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:32 am
conorpowderhunter wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 am If you want to risk it, the entrance is given a certain allowance of "day of" permits. I showed up a month or so ago on a Friday at 4:50PM and was able to get an overnight parking permit/pass for the entire weekend.
Which type of permit was that? I know they sell midnight-midnight passes and also 60-hour passes. I'm interested in about 2.5-3 days to do backpacking on the Four Pass Loop. Did you happen to get a sense of whether you could drive in and get one of those?
I was able to drive up and get the 60 hour pass - didn't even have to pay because of my national parks pass. The parking lot was not full at all and the overflow lot didn't even have a single car in it (Early July)
Zeepe
14ers: 58 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Zeepe »

conorpowderhunter wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:11 pm
ScottLovesRMNP wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:32 am
I was able to drive up and get the 60 hour pass - didn't even have to pay because of my national parks pass. The parking lot was not full at all and the overflow lot didn't even have a single car in it (Early July)
oh man didn't know you can get free pass with national park pass, I paid the $10 unfortunately.... oh well!!!!