Kit Carson N. Ridge Partner this Weekend (Sept. 25/26)

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
benopp
14ers: 37  1  1 
13ers: 39
Trip Reports (1)

Kit Carson N. Ridge Partner this Weekend (Sept. 25/26)

Post by benopp »

I posted here more than a week ago and found a partner for this weekend (Sept. 25/26)-- but they came down with a minor injury and had to cancel. So I'm looking again, but now am going on the weekend.

Looking to do Kit Carson via Class 4 N. Ridge, coming down Challenger, after hiking in Saturday afternoon to below Willow Lake. Looking for an experienced partner who can also help with route finding. I myself am in my 40's and don't go either super-fast nor super-slow and enjoy my time up there. Happy to meet up at trailhead or a campsite (or even potentially carpool from the front range/Boulder).

Weather window looks good for the weekend:
https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks ... casts/4318

Outside chance I can go on Sunday/Monday as well.
One's 13er list should be longer than one's 14er list. There are like 10x more of them afterall.