El Diente Wilson Traverse: You Found My Hat!

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Luther Longbow
Trip Reports (0)

El Diente Wilson Traverse: You Found My Hat!

Post by Luther Longbow »

Did the El Diente -Wilson Peak Traverse with ssides (great climbing partner) on Wednesday 9/22…My last two 14ers - 45 years since my first attempt on Crestone Peak…Thanksgiving 1976. 9 inches of snow … never even made Willow Lake… The stupidity and hubris of youth!

BUT back on topic ….I lost my favorite Ride the Rockies ball cap on the descent off of El Diente onto the traverse…My very favorite cap. Some kind soul (Chris from Alma?) Found it and left it for me to retrieve at the Kilpacker trail head…So thanks to Chris (or whoever it was)… Made my whole trip. Finishing all the 14ers is great…But an undeserved and unexpected random act of kindness… Now that’s special… especially in the current times… Thanks!
CheapCigarMan
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 108 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: El Diente Wilson Traverse: You Found My Hat!

Post by CheapCigarMan »

Congrats Luther Longbow on completing the 58!!! El Diente / Wilson Traverse must have been a great finishing ride for you!
Now to update your Accomplishments and Goals on your profile page!
Well done! :bicep: :-D
I should be on a mountain
Barnold41
14ers: 15 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Barnold41 »

Humanity at it's finest! Congrats on completion and hats off to the kind soul for rescuing your hat
ltlFish99
14ers: 49  3  2 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ltlFish99 »

Congratulations on a most wonderful accomplishment.
Luther Longbow
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Luther Longbow »

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and congrats - I updated my profile cheap cigar man… thanks for the reminder and for adding to the good karma!
Gene913
14ers: 58 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Gene913 »

=D> =D> =D> Congrats! Long journeys are the most satisfying journeys.
"If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, and you say to this mountain, 'move from here to there,' it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:21