Looking for safety in numbers

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
daway8
14ers: 58  24 
13ers: 155 29
Trip Reports (70)

Re: Looking for safety in numbers

Post by daway8 »

Vacas Valley wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:31 am On a sidenote, if anybody has good suggestions training hikes I would be interested in that too.
May or may not fit the bill but Hoosier + the Reds with Silverheels tagged on at the end of the day made for a good workout for me - lots of time spent over 13k and if you end with Silverheels if gives you quite the little kick of elevation after you're already tired.

You can find more details in my trip report if you're interested: https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepo ... m=tripmine
arthurtect
14ers: 32  1 
13ers: 53 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by arthurtect »

What else you have planned? I'm out about every other weekend and wouldn't mind tagging along. Planning to do West Spanish Peak Saturday, but that probably isn't enough elevation gain or mileage for you.
climbingcue
14ers: 58  8  27 
13ers: 317 21 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbingcue »

I am planning on Holy Cross tomorrow. I will car camp tonight.
Consecutive months with at least one 13er or 14er, 72 months
Vacas Valley
14ers: 48  8 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Vacas Valley »

I appreciate you all reaching out, but I’m scheduled for MisBelOx circuit with Emerald and Iowa for extra credit tomorrow. I’ll be at the TH today if anyone wants to join.
KEEP ON CHIMING IN!!
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

Vacas Valley wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:02 pm I appreciate you all reaching out, but I’m scheduled for MisBelOx circuit with Emerald and Iowa for extra credit tomorrow. I’ll be at the TH today if anyone wants to join.
KEEP ON CHIMING IN!!
Don't forget Pecks for the grand slam.
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point