anyone know the condition of Mt. Sneffels?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
alaskanerin
Trip Reports (0)

anyone know the condition of Mt. Sneffels?

Post by alaskanerin »

I’m new to CO and was wanting to bag one more 14er this season. I’m looking at Mt. Sneffels this weekend but not sure how much snow I’ll be running into. Also, is ski touring an option this early in the season? Just trying to decided how dumb this decision would be. Any helpful comments would be much appreciated! Thanks!!
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Re: anyone know the condition of Mt. Sneffels?

Post by speth »

Sneffels will probably be winter-like this weekend, it's had snow accumulating for nearly a month. I think this is way too early in the season for skimo/touring.

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Post by Kiefer »

alaskanerin wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:22 pm I’m new to CO and was wanting to bag one more 14er this season. I’m looking at Mt. Sneffels this weekend but not sure how much snow I’ll be running into. Also, is ski touring an option this early in the season? Just trying to decided how dumb this decision would be. Any helpful comments would be much appreciated! Thanks!!
The lift techs at Telluride this morning reported 20". So it's safe to say that Sneffies probably has close to that amount.
I wouldn't bring skis unless you wanted to trash them.
Jorts
14ers: 58  4  2 
13ers: 102 11 5
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Jorts »

speth wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:35 pm I think this is way too early in the season for skimo/touring.
Meh.
608C6FE5-C2DD-4086-A244-7FCD836392A9.jpeg
608C6FE5-C2DD-4086-A244-7FCD836392A9.jpeg (197.3 KiB) Viewed 880 times
Traveling light is the only way to fly.
IG: @colorado_invasive
Strava: Brent Herring