Self Supported 14er Record Attempt

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Southside
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Self Supported 14er Record Attempt

Post by Southside »

Hey Dan, You are a true inspiration and testament to what the mind and body can achieve when pushed to its limits. I, and the great many others that have followed along the last two weeks, have been forever emboldened to push harder with our own physical goals and find peace in our own headspace. Extreme gratitude for showing all of us in this community what is possible. Congratulations!
colin j
14ers: 45  3 
13ers: 105 11
Trip Reports (5)

Post by colin j »

Mega job Dan! I'm sure that the planning, training, and sacrifice took many months of dedication and motivation that few of us can comprehend. An inspiration for sure.
bmcqueen
14ers: 58  52 
13ers: 356 15
Trip Reports (24)

Post by bmcqueen »

Congratulations Dan! Amazing perseverance. Thanks for the fun each morning checking on your progress.
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." --- Nasreddin

https://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Conte ... queen&t=14
ClimbingFool
14ers: 58 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ClimbingFool »

Dan the man! I am in awe at your fitness and logistical mastery. Congratulations on reaching your dream, and thanks for inspiring all of us to pursue ours. When life gets tough, draw on the strength and emotion of these two weeks to carry you.
climbingcue
14ers: 58  8  27 
13ers: 318 22 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbingcue »

kman wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:27 pm Also, big thanks to Jorts, John Prater, thebeave7, andrewhamilton, glenmiz (and others), for your insight, information, spreadsheets, personal anecdotes, and knowledge in trying to analyze and breakdown Dan’s strategy and movements during these last two weeks. It was akin to having play-by-play commentators at the Olympics or some other major sporting event, making it easier for the layperson to fully appreciate what’s taking place.
Congrats Dan, it has been amazing to follow. I also agree with the quote above, it really helps put it all together with people who done similar missions.
Consecutive months with at least one 13er or 14er, 73 months
quinnwolf
14ers: 58  3  2 
13ers: 55 1 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by quinnwolf »

Congratulations Dan! This is absolutely incredible! My favorite part was after you did Capitol and Snowmass, you were like my knees hurt and then you climbed Pyramid in three hours nbd lol.
I loved following along every day and watching your blue dot keep chugging along at ludicrous speeds. Thanks to everybody else who commentated and made this truly fun to participate in from home.
LetsGoMets
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 132 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by LetsGoMets »

Congrats Dan! So fun to follow and just a beast endeavor.
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

From one Dan to another, you are the Man! Awesome accomplishment =D> . Was fun watching your progress. Let us know if you plan on attending any of the Happy Hours or Fall Gathering, I’d love to shake your hand.
Century Bound, eventually.
Will_E
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 215 37
Trip Reports (21)

Post by Will_E »

What an accomplishment, you’re my hero!
glenmiz
14ers: 58 
13ers: 121 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by glenmiz »

Congratulations Dan!

It was great to meet you at the finish - holy crap, running....?! Also, it was a pleasure to meet your wife and parents. Although not a SUPPORT team, they provided plenty of support through the tough times. Forest, you are a big stud and inspiration to fathers everywhere to get their kids out on the trail. David, it was nice to talk with you in the car and on the trail; hope you can spend more time on the trail in the future.

Here are the final numbers. I've left the start time at 1:36am on 7/5. Truly spectacular display of tenacity! 14 days, 17 hours 36 minutes
Hobbs 2022-07-20 Final.JPG
Hobbs 2022-07-20 Final.JPG (142.56 KiB) Viewed 373 times
Final time is at 3000' mark on Longs Peak Trail
Aim high to end high
JQDivide
14ers: 58  33 
13ers: 115 1
Trip Reports (58)

Post by JQDivide »

CONGRATULATIONS!
vertical_volume
14ers: 55  1  1 
13ers: 110
Trip Reports (0)

Post by vertical_volume »

This was so awesome to spectate and even more incredible for you to do Dan. incredible effort man, seriously!
Runnin around - Rob_e179