Most ways up and/or down Elbert

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Most ways up and/or down Elbert

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

After hiking mount elbert this weekend, that was my third mode if you will up and or down this peak, snowboards/skiing/hiking, will be mountain biking it so too hopefully, so that got me thinking who holds the record for most forms of ascent/descent on t this peak, I’m looking to post this to Mfoadk.com

LMK Or HMU if you know
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Re: Most ways up and/or down Elbert

Post by justiner »

Must be a Leadville local. Add Snowmobiling and Rallying some sort of Jeep up there, too. Can you parasail to the top?

Is crawling pushing a peanut a mode? I know a guy...
glenmiz
14ers: 58 
13ers: 121 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by glenmiz »

I saw two guys on unicycles on Elbert's summit years ago...

Also, on another occasion, I ran into a group on Sherman with cornhole boards strapped to their backs. They nearly blew away in the 40 mph wind but I suppose you could leap-frog a game from trailhead to summit...
Aim high to end high
huffy13
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (30)

Post by huffy13 »

glenmiz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:31 am I saw two guys on unicycles on Elbert's summit years ago...

Also, on another occasion, I ran into a group on Sherman with cornhole boards strapped to their backs. They nearly blew away in the 40 mph wind but I suppose you could leap-frog a game from trailhead to summit...
My son and I ran into a couple guys on Massive a few years ago that were performing "extreme ironing" at the summit. We found that rather amusing. Very nice guys, they have an IG page that logs all their extreme ironing locales.
Seems like the times that I need a mountain the most are the times that I can not get to them.
aholle88
14ers: 57  24  26 
13ers: 300 29 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by aholle88 »

justiner wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:26 pm Must be a Leadville local. Add Snowmobiling and Rallying some sort of Jeep up there, too. Can you parasail to the top?

I’ve seen snowmobile tracks up it before when skiing it one year. And found a YouTube video of one guy paragliding off it. Other than that, hike/bike/ski via all the routes. Or push a peanut, to each their own.
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

Borneman & Lampert's book says that Elbert has been summitted via jeep, ATV, and helicopter also.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
climbingcue
14ers: 58  8  27 
13ers: 318 22 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbingcue »

aholle88 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:57 am
justiner wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:26 pm Must be a Leadville local. Add Snowmobiling and Rallying some sort of Jeep up there, too. Can you parasail to the top?

I’ve seen snowmobile tracks up it before when skiing it one year. And found a YouTube video of one guy paragliding off it. Other than that, hike/bike/ski via all the routes. Or push a peanut, to each their own.
50 seconds in on this video has two snowmobiles on the summit

Consecutive months with at least one 13er or 14er, 73 months
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

Wasn't there a unicycle guy that rode up or down some of the easier 14ers? I bet he did elbert.
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche