14er and Centennial Finisher - Chipmunk

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
weakenedwarrior
14ers: 32  1  15 
13ers: 34 3 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 14er and Centennial Finisher - Chipmunk

Post by weakenedwarrior »

Congrats Tiffany! It's been fun sharing and skiing a few summits with you along the way!
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

Awesome Job! =D> Quite the machine. :bow: Good luck on the Bicentennials.
Century Bound, eventually.
HikerGuy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

Congrats!! Not an easy season to finish with the stormy weather.
zolpatrol
13ers: 37
Trip Reports (0)

Post by zolpatrol »

Awesome work! Congrats!!
“Wander a whole summer if you can...time will not be taken from the sum of your life. Instead of shortening, it will definitely lengthen it and make you truly immortal.”
― John Muir

ig: zolpatrol
mtngoatwithstyle
14ers: 19 
13ers: 73 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtngoatwithstyle »

I love the finisher banner with 100 and 58!!! Awesome job Tiffany and very inspiring!!. Congratulations in order\:D/
Never,never give up!.
RWinters
13ers: 353 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by RWinters »

Congratulations Tiffany!!! I owe you some Cheetos and just maybe a Luncheable! :-D
"It's just right there"
Chipmunk
14ers: 58  3  25 
13ers: 324 19 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Chipmunk »

Thank you to climbingcue (Bill) and HikesInGeologicTime (KB) for collaborating on my finisher post – with Bill supplying the framework and KB for turning it into something “written by an English major, not a business major” per Bill. And thank you both for your support on this journey! Bill has climbed 50 (yes 50!!) of the Centennials with me, many of which were repeats for him.
Mtnman200 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:55 pm Congratulations on completing the 14ers and centennials! The Crestones traverse is certainly a way to finish in style.
Thank you! You always seem to be the first to congratulate new finishers, I’m honored it’s finally my turn to be the recipient!
yaktoleft13 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:17 pm Congrats! Great work!
Thanks Eric! It was fun running into you and Rose on Homestake this winter. Hope to see you at the fall gathering!
dwoodward13 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:32 pm Whoo congrats Tiffany!!
Thanks Davis! Looking forward to seeing you get redemption on Jagged and wrapping up your own Centennial list!
Kiefer wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:38 pm Congratulations, Tiff!!!! Ya did it in style! =D>
Thanks Kiefer! Sounds like we missed you by a few minutes a couple weekends ago at the Purgatory trailhead. Looking forward to seeing you at the gathering!
bmcqueen wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:50 pm Wow, great job!
Thanks Brad! Hope to see you at the fall gathering!
bunny256 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:56 pm You are such a crusher Tiffany! Amazing work, let’s hit some bicents soon :-D
Thanks Robin!
14erFred wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:59 pm Congratulations,Tiff! Great job! =D> =D> =D>
Thanks Fred!
greenonion wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:02 pm That’s a great summit shot on the needle, and a super write up by a good buddy!

Congrats, chipmunk!
Thank you! It’s a little (okay, a lot) crooked because we were propping my phone up using rocks since we had the Needle summit to ourselves for the hour we were having our finisher party! Bill and KB did a wonderful job on the write up.
kashley0807 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:14 pm Congratulations Tiff! Your mountaineering accomplishments are seriously inspiring - you're absolutely crushing it! Glad I've gotten to share some summits on your journey and looking forward to more in the future.
Thanks Kate! I’d say I’ve enjoyed all our summits, but saying I enjoyed Thunder Pyramid may be a stretch! Better to suffer in good company though. Hoping for many more climbs together in the future!
TakeMeToYourSummit wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:42 pm Yeah Tiff! Happy to get out with you and Bill a few times over the years. We are due for another adventure soon! \:D/
Thanks Brad! I’m definitely taking you up on that offer of an ascent (and snowboard descent) of 13,244 this winter!
daway8 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:58 pm Woohoo that's awesome \:D/
Way to get after them and finish in style!!! Bravo! =D> =D>
Thanks David! I’ll never forget our epic snowshoe vs split-ski race back to the car from the summit of Homestake. Hope to see you at the gathering!
Last edited by Chipmunk on Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chipmunk
14ers: 58  3  25 
13ers: 324 19 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Chipmunk »

Sbenfield wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:04 pm Congratulations!!
Thanks Steve! Hope to run into you on another random low 13er soon!
two lunches wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:11 pm hell yeah Tiff! i’m so proud of you! you’ve accomplished some incredible things in such a short time and i am totally in awe of your commitment to the sport. you are an AMAZING partner to hike with :iluvu: you set a great example for the community and i am so honored to have shared a few peaks and summit pics with you! i have no doubt you’ll crush your remaining Bi’s with a smile on your face

archer and i can’t wait to celebrate with you in a few weeks!!
Aww, Steph! You’re so sweet. I loved sharing summits of Red, Culebra, and Quail with you! Thank you and I can’t wait to see you and Archer at the gathering! My 4Runner will save your 4Runner a spot.
ltlFish99 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:16 pm Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment.
Thank you!
KingHenryJames3rd wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:27 pm Way to go Tiffany!!! What an accomplishment in such a short time! Keep at it!
Thanks Sam! Looking forward to seeing you finish your own 14er list on Capitol!
Trotter wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:46 pm Congrats Tiffany! Going after those peaks hard. I'm sure you'll knock out all the 13ers in about a month at your pace.😉
Thanks Brian!
VeraUndertow wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:33 pm Awesome work on the cents! It was great to meet you both coming off Challenger last year and fun to ski a bit at Loveland this spring! Congrats again and way to get after the bicentennials!
Thanks Vera!
JChitwood wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:40 am Congrats! I would have much enjoyed seeing the group on the Crestone Traverse trailing those balloons.
We had to be extra careful not to puncture them on the Crestone conglomerate :wink: kidding, of course. Thank you!
desertdog wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:22 am Congrats. Really great way to finish both goals!
Thank you! It was great to meet you when we climbed the Southern CV peaks in June!
glenmiz wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:30 am Congratulations Tiffany!
Thanks Glen!
Will_E wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:50 pm That’s hella quick to get the cents! Nice work!
Thanks Will! PS – South Maroon via the bell cord was one of my favorite 14er climbs :-D
weakenedwarrior wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:50 am Congrats Tiffany! It's been fun sharing and skiing a few summits with you along the way!
Thanks Max! Looking forward to climbing more 14ers with you this winter, the only season I seem to be able to tear you away from running :lol:
Dan_Suitor wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:19 am Awesome Job! =D> Quite the machine. :bow: Good luck on the Bicentennials.
Thanks Dan!
HikerGuy wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:08 pm Congrats!! Not an easy season to finish with the stormy weather.
Thank you!
zolpatrol wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:15 pm Awesome work! Congrats!!
Thank you!
mtngoatwithstyle wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:05 pm I love the finisher banner with 100 and 58!!! Awesome job Tiffany and very inspiring!!. Congratulations in order\:D/
Thank you, I’m so glad you like the balloons!
RWinters wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:02 pm Congratulations Tiffany!!! I owe you some Cheetos and just maybe a Luncheable! :-D
Thanks Randy! Pizza lunchables are my favorite, and I’ll have to make a note of yours so I can give you one when you finish your own Centennial list on Pigeon!
JQDivide
14ers: 58  33 
13ers: 115 1
Trip Reports (58)

Post by JQDivide »

Congrats!
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

That is definitely a different way to go.
Congratulations on a really great achievement.

Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
zootloopz
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 142
Trip Reports (4)

Post by zootloopz »

Congrats this is awesome!!! I'm hoping to do this as well with finishing both the 14ers and centennials (just in the same month with LB to Blanca and wham ridge on vestal)
IG @roughlysomewhere

one step at a time // you are exactly where you need to be in this moment
Cereal
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Cereal »

Congratulations!!!! We are grateful for the opportunity to have shared some great hikes and some amazing memories with you, and we look forward to many more. You are awesome!

Cool balloons; I hope that you left them at the summit for the next finisher to use :)
Chipmunk made us scramble over to NE Crestone, too
Chipmunk made us scramble over to NE Crestone, too
5B2B4342-AB7A-4FF7-9ED4-D39DDD5BD92B.jpeg (241.12 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Summit beverages for Chipmunk and Climbingcue on a gorgeous day
Summit beverages for Chipmunk and Climbingcue on a gorgeous day
E855959F-AC3C-4384-A184-A55D1F85B684.jpeg (252.2 KiB) Viewed 199 times