You go, girl. 10yo skis all 7 continents

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Altitude High
14ers: 26 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

You go, girl. 10yo skis all 7 continents

Post by Altitude High »

Amazing. Shows what early training and nurture can produce.

https://tinyurl.com/4hu5cwse
RichH
14ers: 43 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Re: You go, girl. 10yo skis all 7 continents

Post by RichH »

I suspect there are thousands of Colorado 9 and 10 year olds who could easily do this if their parents had the time and money to fly them around the world...
Rich
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

RichH wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:20 am I suspect there are thousands of Colorado 9 and 10 year olds who could easily do this if their parents had the time and money to fly them around the world...
+1

Since all she technically has to do to complete skiing on a continent is ski 5 feet down snow once on each continent, this is more a record on how her parents had that time and money. Shes a lucky girl.
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
LetsGoMets
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 132 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by LetsGoMets »

Altitude High wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:49 am Amazing. Shows what early training and nurture can produce.

https://tinyurl.com/4hu5cwse
She’s a crusher! Fun article.
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

What a great accomplishment for a kid! Took some perseverance and a bit of training, great to see kids do things like this vs. staying glued to a video screen. You go girl, indeed!!

-Tom
douglas
14ers: 53 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by douglas »

While really cool and I'm sure many fun adventures, I don't think I would really consider it a world record. Maybe a world record for parents who are wealthy enough and have enough time to fly you around the world on amazing ski trips. Good for her anyway!
mountainute
14ers: 42  1  5 
13ers: 16 1 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mountainute »

What a lucky girl! I'm sure she can ski and mountaineer and its an accomplishment. But who can pay for trips to all 7 continents....
My daughter was a ski mountaineer at age 6 and a rock climber early on, just since we never left the kids at home.
She was the youngest child to climb the highest land mass peak in iceland (at 6; the last youngest kid was 8 and a boy).
Hopefully the kid in the article will keep on climbing....