Front Range ski lines still in?

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
TheRealRooster
14ers: 6  2 
13ers: 3 1
Trip Reports (0)

Front Range ski lines still in?

Post by TheRealRooster »

I haven't been able to get out or keep up with conditions much lately, although I know that it's been hot out there and there's been plenty of melting. Anyone have up-to-date knowledge of ski lines that are still in good condition around the Front Range area? I'm shooting to ski every month this year, and I'm hoping to avoid heading to St. Mary's Glacier just yet...

Appreciate it!
eskermo
14ers: 58  2  1 
13ers: 316 30 4
Trip Reports (18)

Re: Front Range ski lines still in?

Post by eskermo »

It all looks great for late July. The usual summer lines off Loveland Pass, 4th of July Bowl, RMNP, IPW, JPW, and everything off Corona Pass (if it's even open yet) will be great. Theres at least 1500' in the Tuning Fork (as of Thursday from Sniktau summit). Saw pics of St Mary's from the weekend that look way better than the last few seasons. Just go ski and report back!
curt86iroc
14ers: 14 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by curt86iroc »

the snow is crap, but ski it if you want to...
eskermo
Trip Reports (18)

Post by eskermo »

curt86iroc wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:15 pm the snow is crap, but ski it if you want to...
Where exactly was the snow crap, and when?
curt86iroc
14ers: 14 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by curt86iroc »

Friday on the east side of torreys.
eskermo
Trip Reports (18)

Post by eskermo »

Bummer, I'm sorry! I'll be sure to avoid that one
TheRealRooster
14ers: 6  2 
13ers: 3 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TheRealRooster »

Appreciate the responses, thanks folks!

Re: the East side of Torrey's, that's kind of what I'm afraid of. Hopeful for some deeply inset couloirs somewhere, or more North facing stuff still holding decent snow. Will report back if I get adventurous this weekend.