Best deal on snowboard/splitboard

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
cottonmountaineering
14ers: 58  7  18 
13ers: 180 39 31
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Best deal on snowboard/splitboard

Post by cottonmountaineering »

any place that rents out backcountry setups will likely sell them at the end of each season, aside from that craigslist is good
Jill
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jill »

Depending on what you want, you could get something new for those prices. Check the internet (evo.com has a bunch of stuff on sale right now, backcountry.com, etc.). If you want to keep your splitboard setup cheap, put an old set of bindings on the voile splitboard hardware.

If you want to go used, check craigslist, or here:
http://splitboard.com/talk/forum/splitboard-swap/
Roseb
14ers: 15  1  1 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Roseb »

Venture Demo/Sample sale on their website. They still have a few options from the last on one their website, but you may have to wait for the next one. I got a brand new sample Split from them for like $450 earlier this year. Highly recommended.
Barnold41
14ers: 15 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Barnold41 »

Weston has reasonably priced split boards, and all of the companies mark down their prices in the spring. I have a Burton Un...Inc 157 from a few years ago with Cartel large bindings that I currently have on Craigslist, if you're interested.
nomad
Trip Reports (1)

Post by nomad »

I ride an Arbor Abacus Split with some Karakoram Bindings. I put some serious coin down to get those bindings but well worth it! You can grab a used split in great shape for under a grand on Craigslist or Ebay. You should see some great setups there too,
" The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
Recon 1st inf. Div.
eskermo
14ers: 58  2  1 
13ers: 316 30 4
Trip Reports (18)

Post by eskermo »

Roseb wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:42 pm Venture Demo/Sample sale on their website. They still have a few options from the last on one their website, but you may have to wait for the next one. I got a brand new sample Split from them for like $450 earlier this year. Highly recommended.
+1 for this. Got my Zelix split for just over 400 two seasons ago. They even gave it a full tune with some base work before shipping.

My first split was the K2 Panoramic split package I got used from a dude on Craigslist for $400. This was a great way to get all the gear without breaking the bank. I slowly replaced each part of my setup over the following few seasons. K2 still sells a similar package with their Marauder deck for $900 new - just add mounting hardware, bindings and poles and you're set. I just got a 20% one item coupon voucher in my email from them this morning - if ya go that route, click the link on this site so 14ers.com gets a cut!
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

And then, after about 10 years, you'll get tired of the splitboard drawbacks and get AT skis.

You should probably consider just getting the AT skis now.

:P