St Mary's/James Peak Conditions?

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
hootenatty
14ers: 27 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

St Mary's/James Peak Conditions?

Post by hootenatty »

Anyone been up to St Mary's recently? The latest condition info I've found here is from 11/14. Wondering if it would be skiable this weekend, and what the rest of the SE slopes to the summit of James looks like.
cottonmountaineering
14ers: 58  7  18 
13ers: 180 39 31
Trip Reports (1)

Re: St Mary's/James Peak Conditions?

Post by cottonmountaineering »

Can't speak for the lower conditions, but the route from above St Mary's to James peak is pretty wind blasted and dry this time of year, typically skied in spring conditions
goldenite
14ers: 52  1 
13ers: 53
Trip Reports (1)

Re: St Mary's/James Peak Conditions?

Post by goldenite »

Was thinking about this. I have some new skins to test this weekend and wanted something near Denver. Should I just head to Berthoud pass?