Ski conditions Ten Mile/Mosquito or Sawatch 13ers

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
TheseThousandHills
14ers: 58  3  1 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (0)

Ski conditions Ten Mile/Mosquito or Sawatch 13ers

Post by TheseThousandHills »

I know it's late season, but I'm curious if there is enough snow left to ski Horseshoe, Buckskin, Clinton, Fletcher, Drift or Arkansas. Or any of the Swatch.

There aren't recent condition updates on the conditions page.

Thanks.
Carl_Healy
14ers: 19  3 
13ers: 50 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Ski conditions Ten Mile/Mosquito or Sawatch 13ers

Post by Carl_Healy »

For what it's worth coverage on Quandary was looking pretty good today, not that I had a ski descent.
If you can't run, you walk
If you can't walk, you crawl
If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you
Wildernessjane
14ers: 58  13  46 
13ers: 256 23 19
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Wildernessjane »

You can preview Boudoir Couloir on Horseshoe from the highway. It was looking pretty fat yesterday.
“Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.” -David McCullough?
heartbraden
Trip Reports (0)

Post by heartbraden »

I can personally attest "YES" to all but Arkansas, I don't know about that one - someone else will have to chime in there. I've personally done Horseshoe, Buckskin and Fletch recently, and got good eyes on Drift and Clinton yesterday and the day before. Send 'er!!
SnowAlien
14ers: 58  57  58 
13ers: 652 118 15
Trip Reports (111)

Post by SnowAlien »

Drift was still looking phat from the road the other day. Heard Arkansas is not good this year (slid earlier with a lot of exposed rock at the crux).
I am actually personally mildly curious about Buckskin from the west (Fremont side) as well as Tweto (Crack coulie). I don't want the ski season to end yet😭
brerrabbit
14ers: 57  45 
13ers: 189 8
Trip Reports (1)

Post by brerrabbit »

Hope is still skiing really well.
mjmcginl
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mjmcginl »

Anyone know of anywhere there's a bit of snow still? I know it's super late, but for a momentous birthday in a couple days, it would be rad to summit something at sun-up and get in a couple turns for the heck of it!
jfm3
14ers: 58 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (12)

Post by jfm3 »

4th of July Bowl on Peak 10 in Breckenridge had some snow left on July 4- maybe 400 vertical feet? Looked thin, though there were plenty of people skiing it anyway that day.
Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2596507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamie.mothersbaugh.3rd/
Garmin inReach Map: https://share.garmin.com/jfmiii
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

mjmcginl wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:25 pm Anyone know of anywhere there's a bit of snow still? I know it's super late, but for a momentous birthday in a couple days, it would be rad to summit something at sun-up and get in a couple turns for the heck of it!
I have been hiking in the Mosquito/Tenmile every day for a while. I haven't seen any really good ski lines in condition; mostly just snowbanks. The north side of Fletcher might have something? The east side of Sherman looks like it might have something, but the approach probably wouldn't be worth it.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

mjmcginl wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:25 pm Anyone know of anywhere there's a bit of snow still? I know it's super late, but for a momentous birthday in a couple days, it would be rad to summit something at sun-up and get in a couple turns for the heck of it!
I saw people skiing a nice line on Bancroft July 27th last year so that's a possibility?
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
SnowAlien
14ers: 58  57  58 
13ers: 652 118 15
Trip Reports (111)

Post by SnowAlien »

From 285/Fairplay you can see pretty sizeable lines on NE side of Sherman(?)
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

SnowAlien wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:25 pm From 285/Fairplay you can see pretty sizeable lines on NE side of Sherman(?)
Yes, those are the ones I mention above (I'm working in Fairplay). How would you access them though?
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.