Quandary Peak, West Ridge, rescue 5/29/17

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
mtree
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Quandary Peak, West Ridge, rescue 5/29/17

Post by mtree »

ang2073 wrote: The air of superiority has got to die down. There IS so many factors to the story that we may not be "aware of" simply because it is NOT in the story-
Air of superiority? Preposterous, indeed! By the way, I suggest you brush up on your use of proper grammar. It is not, "There IS so many factors...", as factors is plural. Correctly stated, it should be written, "There ARE so many factors...". Otherwise, one should question your ability for reasonable thought and mock you outright.
- I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.
Timothy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Timothy »

gurlyclimber wrote:Confused
A couple of weeks ago there was a post from a self-described newbie in which she told of deciding to turn back within a few hundred feet of a 13er summit. Good judgment, or as Harry Callahan would say: "A man's gotta know his limitations." Obviously, not everybody has that level of knowledge, especially in an unfamiliar environment. Also, quite obviously, high altitude rescue is inherently dangerous. However, I don't see any viable way around it.

The last paragraph in the story contained the moral: It is imperative that backcountry travelers are properly equipped and able to extract themselves out of precarious situations, if at all possible. 'Possible' being the operative word precisely because it is a judgment call.
שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָֽד׃‎
ang2073
14ers: 4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ang2073 »

Ohhh thank you!
I speak 3 languages, but thank you for taking your time to "correct grammar" online- English IS (or ARE? :lol: ) my third language. =D> :-$
Bye Felicia.
mtree wrote:
ang2073 wrote: The air of superiority has got to die down. There IS so many factors to the story that we may not be "aware of" simply because it is NOT in the story-
Air of superiority? Preposterous, indeed! By the way, I suggest you brush up on your use of proper grammar. It is not, "There IS so many factors...", as factors is plural. Correctly stated, it should be written, "There ARE so many factors...". Otherwise, one should question your ability for reasonable thought and mock you outright.